Hotel near St. Charles Towne Center and D.C. Attractions
Stay within minutes of area businesses and exciting things to do when you book a room at the Country Inn & Suites, Waldorf, MD. Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is a 40-minute drive away, and our hotel's location off Highway 301 puts guests within 40 minutes of Arlington, Alexandria and Washington, D.C. Take a day trip into the nation's capital to visit the National Harbor, the Smithsonian Institution, the National Mall, Arlington National Cemetery and more. You can also learn about the nation's history at Mount Vernon, the Thomas Stone National Historic Site and The Dr. Mudd House Museum.
Historical Sites and Museums
- The Dr. Mudd House Museum (7.5 miles)
See the home of Dr. Samuel Mudd, the man famous for treating the leg of John Wilkes Booth after he assassinated President Abraham Lincoln.
Phone: +1 (301) 274-9358
- Thomas Stone National Historic Site (13.1 miles)
Follow a ranger through Haberdeventure, Thomas Stone's home, to learn more about this Continental Congressman who helped frame the Articles of Confederation and was one of four Maryland signers of the Declaration of Independence.
Phone: +1 (301) 392-1776
- Mount Vernon (30.5 miles)
Spend a few hours touring the historic estate (the most popular in America), the manicured gardens and the tombs of both George and Martha Washington.
Phone: +1 (703) 780-2000
Shopping and Entertainment
- St. Charles Towne Center (2.2 miles)
St. Charles Towne Center is home to more than 130 specialty stores as well as anchor stores Macy's, JCPenney, Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods and Sears. Take a break from deal hunting to dine at one of the center's restaurants.
Phone: +1 (301) 870-6996
- Middleton’s Cedar Hill Farm (7.6 miles)
Kids love a trip to the farm any time of year. Pick pumpkins in the fall, or hunt for Easter eggs in the spring. Don’t forget to check out the goats, bunnies, pigs and more!
Phone: +1 (301) 399-9812
- Joint Base Andrews (12.3 miles)
Joint Base Andrews is the home of the 89 Airlift Wing (AMC) and Air Force One. It frequently plays host to the President and Vice President of the United States, congressional delegations, foreign heads of state and many other dignitaries and distinguished visitors.
- National Harbor (21 miles)
Children love climbing The Awakening, a sculpture along the waterfront, and visiting the National Harbor's museums, while adults enjoy the vast shopping options and vibrant nightlife.
Phone: +1 (877) 628-5427
- Washington, D.C. (29.6 miles)
Make a day trip to the nation's capital! You can tour the White House, the monuments along the National Mall, the Air and Space Museum, the Arlington National Cemetery and more.
Phone: +1 (202) 789-7000
- Lowe’s (0.6 miles)
- Home Depot (0.9 miles)
- Walmart (1.3 miles)
- Target (3.2 miles)
- Automated Graphics Systems (4.9 miles)
- College of Southern Maryland (9 miles)
- UM Charles Regional Medical Center (10.1 miles)
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center (12.3 miles)
- Naval Support Facility Indian Head (17.5 miles)
- Lockheed Martin (21.3 miles)
- PepsiCo (28.1 miles)
- Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (29.1 miles)
- Inventive Systems Inc. (40.9 miles)
- Naval Air Station Patuxent River (41.8 miles)
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland (47.6 miles)