Experience the Culture and Natural Beauty of Tucson
The Country Inn & Suites, conveniently located near I-10 and less than a mile from Tucson International Airport (TUS), makes Tucson-area exploration a breeze. You can visit your favorite student at The University of Arizona or find things for the whole family to do with a visit to Old Tucson. History buffs can visit Mission San Xavier del Bac, built by Spanish missionaries in the 18th century, or El Tiradito, a historical shrine created in 1871. If you’re an outdoor enthusiast, discover the beauty of desert life with a visit to Saguaro National Park, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum or the Tucson Botanical Gardens.
Education and Entertainment:
- The University of Arizona (7.5 miles)
Cheer on the Wildcats or tour the 392-acre campus of this university founded in 1885.
Phone: +1 (520) 621-5130
- Tucson Museum of Art (8.3 miles)
Spend an afternoon discovering this museum’s collections, which include pieces created by Indigenous Peoples and art from the American West as well as modern and contemporary works.
Phone: +1 (520) 624-2333
- Old Tucson (16.6 miles)
Explore the filming location for more than 300 movies and TV shows, including Bonanza and Little House on the Prairie. Tour the sets, catch an Old West-themed musical, mine for gold and witness a live stunt show at this interactive museum.
Phone: +1 (520) 883-0100
- Tucson Botanical Gardens (9.7 miles)
This serene oasis in the middle of the city features 17 distinct areas, including a shade garden, a wildflower garden, a Zen garden and a butterfly greenhouse.
Phone: +1 (520) 326-9686
- Saguaro National Park (14.9 miles)
This park takes its name from its iconic saguaro cacti, the largest in the nation. Hike along the trails or plan a camping trip to see these plants that have become a symbol of the American West.
Phone: +1 (520) 733-5153
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (19.4 miles)
Part zoo, part botanical garden and part gallery, this indoor-outdoor museum invites you to explore the wildlife and environment of the Sonoran Desert. Don’t miss the aquarium and the beautiful Hummingbird Aviary.
Phone: +1 (520) 883-2702
- Mission San Xavier del Bac (6.2 miles)
Called the “White Dove of the Desert,” this Spanish Colonial-style church was completed in 1797. Attend Mass or tour the museum to take in the Mission’s beautiful architecture.
Phone: +1 (520) 294-2624
- El Tiradito (7.7 miles)
Built in 1871 and on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, this “Wishing Shrine” pays tribute to a tragic love affair. According to legend, those who come to the shrine sincerely seeking forgiveness will find it and may even have their wishes granted.
- Tubac (41.8 miles)
Take a day trip to this historic town known for its Spanish ruins, art festivals and eclectic boutiques.
Phone: +1 (520) 398-0007
Tucson International Airport (TUS) (0.7 miles)
Take advantage of our free 24-hour shuttle to Arizona's second-busiest airport to make it to your flight on time.
Phone: +1 (520) 573-8100
The Country Inn & Suites, Tucson Airport lies on Tucson Boulevard near the intersection of Valencia Road.
- Traveling west, take I-10 to Kino Parkway South Exit. Take a left onto Valencia Road. Take another left (west) onto Tucson Boulevard. Turn right on Tucson Boulevard. The hotel is a quarter of a mile down on the left.
- Traveling east, take I-10 to Valencia Road. Go to Tucson Boulevard and turn left (south). The hotel is a quarter of a mile down on the left.
Local Event Calendars:
Local Businesses and Organizations:
- Arizona Air National Guard (1.1 miles)
- American Airlines Reservation Center (1.2 miles)
- Intuit (1.4 miles)
- Kaman Aerospace (1.4 miles)
- Tucson International Business Center (1.8 miles)
- Bombardier (4 miles)
- FlightSafety International (4 miles)
- Raytheon/Hughes Missile Systems (4.3 miles)
- Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (5.9 miles)
- IBM (9.7 miles)