Tour Sights, Visit Davis-Monthan AFB near This TUS Hotel
Offering easy access to I-10 and I-19, the Country Inn & Suites Tucson Airport makes both business and leisure travel more convenient with proximity to destinations like Old Tucson Studios, University of Arizona and Davis-Monthan AFB. Hotel guests love being close to historical attractions like El Tiradito and Mission San Xavier del Bac for family outings, and corporate travelers appreciate convenient accommodations near Raytheon, IBM, Intuit and other corporate offices. If you've got an extra afternoon for fun, pose beside a giant cactus at Saguaro National Park, or make the easy day trip to Breakers Water Park to splash in the sun.
Visit these local attractions during your stay:
Tucson International Airport (TUS)
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (18.4 miles)
Observe an array of animals roaming in invisibly fenced enclosures and visit the cactus garden and Hummingbird Aviary at this popular museum.
Phone: +1 (520) 883-2702
- Breakers (29.4 miles)
Shoot down thrilling water slides, splash around Captain Kidd’s Surfari or simply relax in the state's largest wave pool at this popular water park.
Phone: +1 520) 682-2304
- El Tiradito (9.3 miles)
Get a lesson in local folklore at "The Wishing Shrine." El Tiradito is the burial place of an unidentified sinner involved in a torrid 1800s love triangle. Today, locals stop by to light a candle and pray. Legend has it that if the candle is still burning in the morning, your prayers will be answered.
- Mission San Xavier del Bac (6.2 miles)
Take a docent-led tour of this church, founded in 1692 and surviving today as one of the oldest examples of Spanish Mission architecture.
Phone: +1 (520) 294-2624
- Old Tucson Studios (14.4 miles)
If you're a fan of old Westerns such as Tombstone, Gunfight at the OK Corral or John Wayne films, then you will probably recognize this famous set. Stagecoach tours of this popular frontier town are available.
Phone: +1 (520) 883-0100
- Saguaro National Park (14.7 miles)
Visit this national park to see the famous cacti that can only be found in the Sonoran Desert.
Phone: +1 (520) 733-5153
- Tubac (34 miles)
If you're in the mood for a day trip, visit this town just south of Tucson. Tubac features numerous shops, the Tubac Presidio State Historic Park and the Anza Trail, perfect for hiking.
Phone: +1 (520) 398-0007
- Tucson Botanical Gardens (9.4 miles)
See what's blooming in the 17 specialty gardens, which include a section dedicated to plants grown by the local Tohono O'odham Nation.
Phone: +1 (520) 326-9686
- Tucson Museum of Art (9.8 miles)
This museum focuses on pre-Columbian art and features an inspiring permanent collection of American West pieces.
Phone: +1 (520) 624-2333
- University of Arizona (8 miles)
Go for a stroll around campus or visit the photo repository (which displays works by Ansel Adams), the Arizona State Museum or the Flandreau Planetarium.
Phone: +1 (520) 621-5130
Complimentary Tucson International Airport shuttle service
is available from the hotel.
Phone: +1 (520) 573-8000 Driving Directions
The Country Inn & Suites Tucson Airport is located on Tucson Boulevard near the intersection of Valencia Road.
- Traveling west, take I-10 to Kino Parkway South Exit. Take a left onto Valencia Road. Take another left (west) onto Tucson Boulevard. Turn right on Tucson Boulevard, and the hotel is a quarter of a mile down on the left.
- Traveling east, take I-10 to Valencia Road. Go to Tucson Boulevard and turn left (south). The hotel is a quarter of a mile down on the left.
Local businesses and organizations:
- American Airlines Reservation Center (1 mile)
- Arizona Air National Guard (2 miles)
- Burr-Brown (1 block)
- Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (5 miles)
- Flight Safety (5 miles)
- IBM (7 miles)
- Intuit (2 miles)
- Kaman Aerospace (4 miles)
- Learjet/Bombardier (5 miles)
- Raytheon/Hughes Missile Systems (1 mile)
- Tucson International Business Center (3 miles)