Experience the Culture and Natural Beauty of Tucson
The Country Inn & Suites lies just half a mile from Tucson International Airport (TUS) and close to I-10 and I-19, making it easy to find things to do such as exploring the University of Arizona and the Tucson Museum of Art. Visit Mission San Xavier del Bac, built by Spanish missionaries in the eighteenth century, or El Tiradito, a historical shrine created in 1871, before enjoying modern attractions like Breakers Water Park. You can discover the beauty of desert life with a visit to Saguaro National Park, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum or the Tucson Botanical Gardens. For a day of cowboy-inspired fun, visit Old Tucson to experience the Old West as it’s been portrayed in movies and television over the decades.
Culture and Education
- Tucson Museum of Art (9.8 miles)
Spend an afternoon exploring the collections that include pieces created by Indigenous Peoples and art from the American West as well as modern and contemporary works.
Phone: +1 (520) 624-2333
- University of Arizona (8 miles)
Cheer on the Wildcats or tour the 380-acre campus of this university founded in 1885, before Arizona even became a state.
Phone: +1 (520) 621-5130
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (18.4 miles)
Part zoo, part botanical garden and part gallery, this outdoor museum invites you to explore the wildlife and environment of the Sonoran Desert. Don’t miss the aquarium and the beautiful Hummingbird Aviary.
Phone: +1 (520) 883-2702
- Saguaro National Park (14.7 miles)
This park takes its name from its iconic saguaro cacti, the largest in the nation. Hike along the trails or plan a camping trip to see these plants that have become a symbol of the American West.
Phone: +1 (520) 733-5153
- Tucson Botanical Gardens (9.4 miles)
This serene oasis in the middle of the city features 17 distinct areas, including a shade garden, a wildflower garden, a Zen garden and a butterfly garden.
Phone: +1 (520) 326-9686
Fun and Entertainment
- Breakers Water Park (29.4 miles)
This popular water park offers exciting waterslides like Splash Canyon, Bonzai Pipeline and the 52-foot Riptide, and also features the largest wave pool in southern Arizona.
Phone: +1 (520) 682-2530
- Old Tucson (14.4 miles)
Explore the filming location for more than 300 movies and TV shows, including Bonanza, Rio Bravo and Gunfight at the OK Corral. Tour the sets, catch an Old West-themed musical and witness a live stunt show. Phone: +1 (520) 883-0100
- El Tiradito (9.3 miles)
Built in 1871 and on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, this “Wishing Shrine” pays tribute to a tragic love affair. According to legend, those who come to the shrine sincerely seeking forgiveness will find it and may even have their wishes granted.
- Mission San Xavier del Bac (6.2 miles)
Called the “White Dove of the Desert,” this Spanish Colonial-style church was completed in 1797. Attend Mass or tour the museum to experience the Mission’s beautiful architecture.
Phone: +1 (520) 294-2624
- Tubac (34 miles)
Take a day trip to this historic town known for its Spanish ruins, art festivals and boutiques.
Phone: +1 (520) 398-0007
Tucson International Airport (TUS)
Arizona’s second-busiest airport lies a half mile from our hotel. Take advantage of our free, 24-hour shuttle to make it to your flight on time.
Phone: +1 (520) 573-8100
The Country Inn & Suites, Tucson Airport lies on Tucson Boulevard near the intersection of Valencia Road.
- Traveling west, take I-10 to Kino Parkway South Exit. Take a left onto Valencia Road. Take another left (west) onto Tucson Boulevard. Turn right on Tucson Boulevard. The hotel is a quarter of a mile down on the left.
- Traveling east, take I-10 to Valencia Road. Go to Tucson Boulevard and turn left (south). The hotel is a quarter of a mile down on the left.
Local Event Calendars
Local Businesses and Organizations
- American Airlines Reservation Center (1 mile)
- Arizona Air National Guard (2 miles)
- Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (5 miles)
- FlightSafety (5 miles)
- IBM (7 miles)
- Intuit (2 miles)
- Kaman Aerospace (4 miles)
- Learjet/Bombardier (5 miles)
- Raytheon/Hughes Missile Systems (1 mile)
- Tucson International Business Center (3 miles)