Make Time for All the Fun Things in Rochester
After your meetings at IBM Rochester or Mayo Clinic, move on to the more leisurely side of your visit. The Country Inn & Suites makes the perfect place to recharge in between visits to area attractions like the Rochester Art Center, Mayowood Mansion and Apache Mall. Need to clear your mind? Stroll through the serene gardens at Assisi Heights, or tour the beautiful Plummer House property. There are plenty of things to see and do in the Rochester area, from touring wineries and attending festivals to outdoor recreation like golf, cycling and trout fishing.
- Shoppes on Maine (2 miles)
Stock up on sporting gear, evening wear, household goods or other items at this nearby shopping center, home to stores like Super Target and Old Navy. When you need a break from shopping, dine at Noodles & Company or see a movie at Rochester Cine + IMAX.
- Apache Mall (5 miles)
Pick out a new outfit or add to your shoe or purse collection at Apache Mall, home to stores like JCPenney, Herberger's, Macy's and Scheels Sporting Goods.
Phone: +1 (507) 288-8056
Gardens and Vineyards
- Plummer House (6.5 miles)
The sprawling 11 acres that make up the Plummer House property features beautiful landscaped grounds, formal gardens, a bird trail, a quarry and a water tower. Visit anytime between sunrise and sunset except when the house is reserved for private functions.
Phone: +1 (507) 328-2525
- Assisi Heights (7.2 miles)
Tour the calming gardens surrounding this Franciscan convent, and be sure to stop by the gift shop to pick out a handcrafted item or a pint of Assisi Heights honey.
Phone: +1 (507) 280-2195
- Salem Glen Winery (9.4 miles)
Open since 2006, this family-owned and operated boutique winery produces small batches of wine made from grapes grown in the rich, fertile soil of the region’s rolling hills.
Phone: +1 (507) 365-8758
- Four Daughters Vineyard & Winery (22 miles)
Sample vintage wines, tour the six-acre vineyard, dine at the on-site restaurant or attend an event at this nationally recognized, family-run winery.
Phone: +1 (507) 346-7300
- Willow Creek Golf Course (5 miles)
Play this challenging 18-hole golf course, which boasts some of the best greens in the area. The course’s event center also hosts wedding receptions, business meetings and banquets.
Phone: +1 (507) 285-0305
- Deer Creek Speedway (20 miles)
Racing fans can get their fix for fast cars at this nearby oval, dirt track speedway, featuring late-model, modified and other racing series.
Phone: +1-877-DCS-Race or +1 (507) 754-6107
Offices and Services
- Wood Lake Meeting Center (walking distance)
Stay at the hotel to be close to business meetings at Wood Lake Meeting Center, a popular destination for corporate gatherings since it was recently expanded and renovated.
Phone: +1 (507) 281-6699
- Mayo Clinic (5 miles)
Keep appointments or meetings at the Mayo Clinic hassle-free thanks to our free shuttle service to this world-renowned medical center.
Phone: +1 (507) 284-2511
- Rochester International Airport (7.7 miles)
The Rochester International Airport (RST) is served by three air carriers who collectively offer flights each day to Atlanta, Chicago and Minneapolis, providing the city with connections to the rest of the country and the world. The airport accommodates about 240,000 passengers each year with air service to Southeast Minnesota and border regions of Iowa and Wisconsin.
Phone: +1 (507) 282-2328
- IBM Rochester Facility (8.9 miles)
Spanning the size of 78 football fields, IBM's Rochester campus is conveniently close to the hotel so you can get to meetings quickly.
Phone: +1 (507) 253-4011
Arts and Culture
- Mayo Civic Center (5 miles)
See an up-and-coming band like Lucius or a tried-and-true legendary group like The Wailers at the Mayo Civic Center, the largest event venue in southern Minnesota.
Phone: +1 (800) 422-2199
- Rochester Art Center (5 miles)
Take a tour of the center, spend hours in the art galleries, or enroll in a workshop at Rochester Art Center. Founded in 1946, the museum hosts local, national and international exhibits, including an impressive collection of contemporary art.
Phone: +1 (507) 282-8629
- The Plummer Building - Mayo Clinic Historical Suite (5 miles)
This architecturally ornate building opened in 1928 and now serves as an iconic symbol of the Mayo Clinic. The 15-story structure houses the administrative and support staff offices. Tour the third-floor Historical Suite for a glimpse of the 1950 Nobel Prize, won for the discovery of cortisone.
Phone: +1 (507) 284-2585
- Soldiers Field Veterans Memorial (5 miles)
Pay tribute to fallen American soldiers at this monument, which features a 60-foot circular granite wall with battle graphics from the Civil War to the Gulf War. The wall also bears etchings of stories surrounding military events and historical facts from the Revolutionary War to the Gulf War.
- Mayowood Mansion (6 miles)
Lovers of antiques, artifacts and architecture won’t want to miss touring this historic mansion, once the home of Dr. Charles Mayo, co-founder of the famous medical center that bears his name.
Phone: +1 (507) 282-9447
Nearby Sports Venues
Other Area Businesses
- AgVantage Software (walking distance)
- Canadian Honker Events Center (4.5 miles)
- Charter Communications (9.5 miles)
- Clements Subaru (2.0 miles)
- Coyote Creek Gun & Archery (0.4 miles)
- Crenlo (7 miles)
- Federal Medical Center (5 miles)
- FedEx (5.3 miles)
- Gift of Life Transplant House (6 miles)
- Halcon (7.8 miles)
- Hope Lodge (7 miles)
- Kwik Trip (1.5 miles)
- Methodist Hospital (5.5 miles)
- Mills Fleet Farm (1.5 miles)
- Olmsted County Fairgrounds (3.5 miles)
- Olmsted Medical Center (5 miles)
- Pepsi-Cola of Rochester (1.7 miles)
- RCTC (5.4 miles)
- Rochester International Event Center (7.1 miles)
- Rochester Toyota (1.4 miles)
- Ronald McDonald House (6.4 miles)
- Seneca (4 miles)
- Servicemaster (walking distance)
- St. Mary's Hospital (6.3 miles)
- Sunbelt Rentals (1.1 miles)
- Textile Care Services (0.2 miles)
- University of Minnesota-Rochester (5 miles)
- Walmart (1.5 miles)