Explore Exciting Rochester Attractions
Conveniently located just 10 minutes from the Mayo Clinic, the Country Inn & Suites makes the perfect home base for attending appointments or visiting loved ones in Rochester. When you’re ready to explore the area, don’t miss a visit to the Rochester Art Center, Mayowood Mansion and Apache Mall. Need to clear your mind? Stroll through the serene gardens at Assisi Heights Spirituality Center or tour the beautiful Plummer House property. There are also plenty of seasonal activities in the Rochester area, from touring wineries and attending festivals to golfing and bird-watching.
- Shoppes on Maine (1.6 miles)
Stock up on sporting gear, evening wear, household goods or other items at this nearby shopping center, home to stores like Super Target and Old Navy. When you need a break from shopping, dine at Noodles & Company or catch a movie at Wehrenberg Galaxy 14 Cine & IMAX.
- Apache Mall (4.9 miles)
Pick out a new outfit or add to your shoe or purse collection at Apache Mall, home to stores like JCPenney, American Eagle, Express and H&M.
Phone: +1 (507) 288-8056
Gardens and Vineyards:
- Plummer House (6.3 miles)
Explore 11 acres of property featuring beautiful landscaped grounds, scenic gardens, a bird trail, a quarry and a water tower. Tours are offered every Wednesday during June, July and August.
Phone: +1 (507) 328-2525
- Salem Glen Winery (6.9 miles)
Open since 2006, this family-owned and -operated boutique winery produces small batches of wine made from grapes grown in the rich, fertile soil of the region’s vast hills.
Phone: +1 (507) 365-8758
- Assisi Heights Spirituality Center (8.2 miles)
Tour the calming gardens surrounding this Franciscan convent, or attend a meditation class or an enlightening seminar.
Phone: +1 (507) 280-2195
- Four Daughters Vineyard & Winery (19.1 miles)
Sample vintage wines, tour the six-acre vineyard, dine at the on-site restaurant or attend an event at this nationally recognized, family-run winery.
Phone: +1 (507) 346-7300
- Willow Creek Golf Course (2.8 miles)
Play this challenging 18-hole golf course, which boasts some of the best greens in the area. The course’s event center hosts wedding receptions, business meetings and banquets.
Phone: +1 (507) 285-0305
- Deer Creek Speedway (18.2 miles)
Racing fans can get their fix of fast cars at this nearby dirt-track speedway.
Phone: +1-877-DCS-Race or +1 (507) 754-6107
Offices and Services:
- Wood Lake Meeting Center (0.1 mile)
The Country Inn & Suites offers a prime location close to Wood Lake Meeting Center, a popular destination for corporate gatherings.
Phone: +1 (507) 281-6699
- Mayo Clinic (0.3 miles)
Keep appointments or meetings at the Mayo Clinic hassle-free thanks to our hotel’s free shuttle service to this world-renowned medical center.
Phone: +1 (507) 284-2511
- Rochester International Airport (5.3 miles)
The Rochester International Airport (RST) offers flights each day to Atlanta, Chicago and Minneapolis, providing the city with connections to the rest of the country and the world. The airport also offers service to Southeast Minnesota and border regions of Iowa and Wisconsin.
Phone: +1 (507) 282-2328
- IBM Rochester Facility (9.3 miles)
The size of 78 football fields, IBM's Rochester campus is a massive hub for development and innovation.
Phone: +1 (507) 253-4011
Arts and Culture:
- Rochester Art Center (5.2 miles)
Take a tour, spend hours perusing the art galleries, or enroll in a workshop at Rochester Art Center. Founded in 1946, the museum hosts exhibits of local, national and international works and features an impressive permanent collection of contemporary art.
Phone: +1 (507) 282-8629
- Mayo Civic Center (5.3 miles)
See live comedians, attend a concert or dress up for an elegant gala at the Mayo Civic Center, the largest event venue in southern Minnesota.
Phone: +1 (800) 422-2199
- Plummer Building (5.2 miles)
This architecturally ornate building opened in 1928 and now serves as an iconic symbol of the Mayo Clinic. The 15-story structure houses the administrative and support staff offices. Tour the third-floor Historical Suite for a glimpse of the 1950 Nobel Prize, won for the discovery of cortisone.
Phone: +1 (507) 284-2585
- Mayowood Mansion (6.1 miles)
Lovers of antiques, artifacts and architecture won’t want to miss touring this historic mansion, once the home of Dr. Charles Mayo, co-founder of the famous medical center that bears his name.
Phone: +1 (507) 282-9447
- Soldiers Field Veterans Memorial (6.8 miles)
Pay tribute to fallen American soldiers at this monument, which features a 60-foot circular granite wall with battle graphics from the Civil War to the Gulf War. The wall also bears etchings of stories from the Revolutionary War to the Gulf War.
For more things to do in Rochester, visit the city of Rochester's website.
Nearby Sports Venues
Other Area Businesses:
- AgVantage Software (walking distance)
- ServiceMaster (0.2 miles)
- Textile Care Services (0.2 miles)
- Coyote Creek Gun & Archery Shop (0.4 miles)
- Rochester Toyota (1.4 miles)
- Sunbelt Rentals (1.4 miles)
- Pepsi-Cola of Rochester (1.8 miles)
- Kwik Trip (2 miles)
- Subaru of Rochester (2 miles)
- Mills Fleet Farm (2.1 miles)
- Walmart (2.8 miles)
- Olmsted County Fairgrounds (3.8 miles)
- Seneca Foods (4 miles)
- FedEx (4.3 miles)
- Canadian Honker Events at Apache (4.5 miles)
- Olmsted Medical Center (4.6 miles)
- Rochester International Event Center (4.6 miles)
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Methodist Campus (5.3 miles)
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Saint Mary's Campus (5.9 miles)
- Ronald McDonald House (6.4 miles)
- Gift of Life Transplant House (6.6 miles)
- Rochester Community and Technical College (6.7 miles)
- Federal Medical Center, Rochester (7.1 miles)
- Hope Lodge (7.5 miles)
- HALCON (7.8 miles)
- University of Minnesota Rochester (8 miles)
- Crenlo (8.3 miles)
- Spectrum (9.1 miles)