Stay Close to the Best Med City Attractions
No matter what you’re into, you can find plenty of things do to near the Country Inn & Suites just north of downtown Rochester. Before seeing a Broadway-style show at the Mayo Civic Center, browse the bargains at Apache Mall. If you’re visiting a loved one at the Mayo Clinic, ride our complimentary shuttle to and from the main building. We also offer transportation to the Saint Marys and Methodist campuses and the clinic’s scientific and professional buildings. Traveling on company time? Our shuttle also takes guests to the IBM Regional Headquarters and other area businesses.
- Graham Arena Complex (6.2 miles)
This expansive entertainment venue boasts four sports arenas spread over 100,000 square feet of space. Check the online calendar to discover which concerts, hockey games and equestrian competitions are happening during your visit.
Phone: +1 (507) 281-6189
- Mayo Civic Center (4.6 miles)
From food markets and music festivals to business seminars and trade shows, the Mayo Civic Center hosts some of the biggest events in the Rochester area.
Phone: +1 (507) 328-2220
Museums and Tours
- Assisi Heights Spirituality Center (3.3 miles)
Positioned on a picturesque hilltop overlooking Rochester, this stunning Roman-style building serves as the home of the Sisters of Saint Francis. Take a tour of the facility, or attend Sunday mass for the full experience.
Phone: +1 (507) 282-7441
- Rochester Art Center (4.6 miles)
This popular art gallery exhibits engaging collections of some of the world’s most respected contemporary artworks. Don’t miss Karl Unnasch’s welded steel and stained-glass installation in the outdoor sculpture garden.
Phone: +1 (507) 282-8629
Outdoors and Recreation
- Quarry Hill Nature Center (6 miles)
Take a hike around the lake in the summer, go cross-country skiing in the winter or explore a man-made sandstone cave any time of year at this 329-acre nature center.
Phone: +1 (507) 328-3950
- Soldiers Field Veterans Memorial (5 miles)
Peruse thousands of names on the Wall of Remembrance to honor the soldiers who gave their lives in battle. Every name represents a brave man or woman from southeast Minnesota.
Frank Lloyd Wright Houses
- A. H. Bulbulian Residence (4.8 miles)
- James McBean Residence (5.8 miles)
- Thomas Keys Residence (4.8 miles)
Nearby Golf Courses
- Eastwood Golf Club (7.8 miles)
- Maple Valley Golf and Country Club (15.7 miles)
- Northern Hills Golf Course (2.1 miles)
- Oak Summit Golf Course (13.2 miles)
- Rochester Indoor Golf Center (2.5 miles)
- Soldiers Field Golf Course (5.3 miles)
- Willow Creek Golf Course (10 miles)
- Apache Mall (5.5 miles)
- Crossroads Center (5.6 miles)
- Mall of America (77 miles)
- Marketplace Center (0.3 miles)
- Miracle Mile Shopping Center (6 miles)
- Shops at University Square (4.9 miles)
- CineMagic Hollywood 12 (2.6 miles)
- Paragon Chateau 14 (3 miles)
Directions to the Country Inn & Suites
The Country Inn & Suites in north Rochester is conveniently located at the intersection of 41st Street and W Frontage Road, next to the IBM Regional Headquarters and 3.5 miles from the Mayo Clinic. From Highway 52, exit onto 37th/41st Street NW. Turn west onto 41st Street and proceed to turn north onto W Frontage Road. The hotel is two blocks down on the left.