Things to Do in Beautiful Tucson
The city of Tucson, Arizona has a centuries-long history, from Spanish missionary work in the 1600s to the wild days of the Old West to its current role as a nexus of the optics industry. The Country Inn & Suites is located just half a mile from Tucson International Airport (TUS) and is convenient to I-10 and I-19, making it easy to explore the area. Discover the unique beauty of desert life with a visit to Saguaro National Park, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum or the Tucson Botanical Gardens. For a day of cowboy fun, visit Old Tucson Studios to experience the Old West as it’s been portrayed in movies and television over the decades.
Nearby attractions include:
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (18.4 miles)
Part zoo, part botanical garden and part gallery, this outdoor museum features the unique wildlife and culture of the Sonoran Desert. Don’t miss the aquarium and the beautiful Hummingbird Aviary.
Phone: +1 (520) 883-2702
- Breakers Water Park (29.4 miles)
Beat the heat at Breakers, featuring a 52-foot waterslide and the largest wave pool in southern Arizona.
Phone: +1 (520) 682-2304
- El Tiradito (9.3 miles)
Local legends surrounding this “Wishing Shrine” tell of a deadly love affair and answered prayers for those who leave candles burning. El Tiradito is on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
- Mission San Xavier del Bac (6.2 miles)
Constructed in 1797, this beautiful desert church is Arizona’s oldest building. Attend a service or tour the sanctuary and museum to admire the historic Spanish Mission design.
Phone: +1 (520) 294-2624
- Old Tucson Studios (14.4 miles)
Explore the film location for more than 300 movies and TV shows, including Bonanza, Rio Bravo and Gunfight at the OK Corral. Tour the sets, catch an Old West-themed musical and even see live drama and stunts.
Phone: +1 (520) 883-0100
- Saguaro National Park (14.7 miles)
The world’s most recognizable cacti are native to the Sonoran Desert alone. Hike the trails and experience the majesty of these unique plants for yourself.
Phone: +1 (520) 733-5153
- Tubac (34 miles)
Take a day trip to this historic town known for its Spanish ruins, art festivals and boutiques.
Phone: +1 (520) 398-0007
- Tucson Botanical Gardens (9.4 miles)
An oasis in the middle of the city, this collection of specialty gardens includes a shade garden, a miniature railroad, a Zen garden and a butterfly garden.
Phone: +1 (520) 326-9686
- Tucson Museum of Art (9.8 miles)
Spend an afternoon exploring this collection that includes works of Native Americans and the American West, plus modern and contemporary pieces.
Phone: +1 (520) 624-2333
- University of Arizona (8 miles)
Cheer on the Wildcats or tour the 380-acre campus of this university that was founded before Arizona’s statehood.
Phone: +1 (520) 621-5130
Tucson International Airport (TUS)
Arizona’s second-busiest airport is about half a mile from our hotel. Be sure to take advantage of the free, 24-hour shuttle to make it to your flight on time.
Phone: +1 (520) 573-8000
The Country Inn & Suites, Tucson Airport is located on Tucson Boulevard near the intersection of Valencia Road.
- Traveling west, take I-10 to Kino Parkway South Exit. Take a left onto Valencia Road. Take another left (west) onto Tucson Boulevard. Turn right on Tucson Boulevard. The hotel is a quarter of a mile down on the left.
- Traveling east, take I-10 to Valencia Road. Go to Tucson Boulevard and turn left (south). The hotel is a quarter of a mile down on the left.
Local Event Calendars
Local Businesses and Organizations:
- American Airlines Reservation Center (1 mile)
- Arizona Air National Guard (2 miles)
- Burr-Brown (1 block)
- Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (5 miles)
- Flight Safety (5 miles)
- IBM (7 miles)
- Intuit (2 miles)
- Kaman Aerospace (4 miles)
- Learjet/Bombardier (5 miles)
- Raytheon/Hughes Missile Systems (1 mile)
- Tucson International Business Center (3 miles)