Experience Nature, Art, Science and Culture in Peoria
Located near I-474, the Country Inn & Suites, Peoria, IL lies less than a mile from the popular Shoppes at Grand Prairie. Discover the many animals native to Illinois at the open-air Wildlife Prairie Park, or meet animals from around the world at the Peoria Zoo. You can explore work by local artists and learn dance or yoga at the Contemporary Art Center of Peoria. If you like your art mixed with science, try the exhibits at the Peoria Riverfront Museum. The Kickapoo Creek Winery offers the opportunity to taste vintages native to Peoria and take a few with you when you return home.
Arts and Culture
- Contemporary Art Center (10.2 miles)
Located in Peoria’s RiverFront district in a modern 14,000-square-foot facility, the Contemporary Art Center exhibits work by local artists and hosts poetry slams and musical performances as well as dance, Tai Chi and yoga classes.
Phone: +1 (309) 674-6822
- Peoria Historical Society (10 miles)
The Peoria Historical Society honors the history of Central Illinois with displays of photographs, artwork and original documents.
Phone: +1 (309) 674-1921
- Peoria Riverfront Museum (10 miles)
This interactive museum, affiliated with the Smithsonian Institute, blends the best of art and science with an aquarium, a state-of-the-art planetarium, fine art exhibits and the exciting Giant Screen Theater.
Phone: +1 (309) 686-7000
- Kickapoo Creek Winery (7 miles)
The Kickapoo Creek Winery showcases fine wines crafted in Peoria. This family-owned vineyard hosts tastings and sells its own products.
Phone: +1 (309) 495-9463
- Peoria Civic Center (10 miles)
This massive venue offers an 11,330-seat arena, a 2,196-seat theater, 110,000 square feet of exhibit space and 45,000 square feet of meeting space. Attend conferences, sporting events and concerts at this downtown civic center.
Phone: +1 (309) 673-8900
- Peoria Zoo (8.1 miles)
Meet wallabies, boa constrictors, rhinos, African lions and Siberian tigers at this popular family destination.
Phone: +1 (309) 686-3365
- Steamboat/Riverboat Cruises: The Spirit of Peoria (10 miles)
Relive a piece of history when you tour the Illinois and Mississippi rivers on an old-fashioned steamboat. In addition to the usual sightseeing tours, you can also book a moonlight cruise or a murder mystery dinner.
Phone: +1 (309) 637-8000
- Wildlife Prairie Park (8.9 miles)
This open-air park lets guests see more than 150 animals native to Illinois, including bison, black bears and elk. Safari bus tours present fascinating views of the animals in their natural habitats, and foot and bicycle trails wind through the park.
Phone: +1 (309) 676-0998
Additional Attractions and Businesses
- AMC Grand Prairie 18 Theater (0.3 miles)
- Landmark GKC Cinemas (7 miles)
- Rave Movie Theater (0.2 miles)
- Willow Knolls 14 Theater (1.3 miles)
- African American Hall of Fame Museum (9.5 miles)
- Lakeview Museum of Arts & Sciences (5 miles)
- Grand Prairie Commons (0.2 miles)
- Junction City Shopping Center (5 miles)
- Metro Centre (4.5 miles)
- Northwoods Mall (3.8 miles)
- The Plaza at Grand Prairie (0.2 miles)
- Prairie Place (0.2 miles)
- The Shoppes at Grand Prairie (0.2 miles)
- Shoppes West (0.2 miles)