Convenient Macon Hotel Off I-75
Situated just north of Macon on I-75, the Country Inn & Suites, Macon North, GA makes an ideal home base for touring Mercer University and exploring local attractions on your way to Atlanta or Savannah. Make time to visit historic sites like the Rose Hill Cemetery and Cannonball House, and don't miss a stroll through the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, the largest state sports museum in the country. Guests who want to pick up a new outfit or hunt for a bargain can browse The Shoppes at River Crossing, and golfers can get outside on the beautiful links at Barrington Hall Golf Club. While you're in town, be sure to stop by the fascinating Tubman Museum to learn more about one of America's most important abolitionists, Harriet Tubman.Visit these local attractions during your stay:
- Macon Tennis Association (1.4 miles)
Cheer on your favorite player at one of the national tennis competitions hosted here annually.
Phone: +1 (478) 477-1957
- The Shoppes at River Crossing (2.8 miles)
For some retail therapy, head to shops like Belk, Dillard’s and Barnes & Noble at The Shoppes at River Crossing.
Phone: +1 (478) 254-2940
- Rose Hill Cemetery (6 miles)
Pay your respects to several famous Georgia residents buried here, including Duane Allman and Berry Oakley, founding members of the Allman Brothers.
Phone: +1 (478) 751-9119
- Cannonball House (6.1 miles)
Built in 1853, this Greek Revival house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and sustained damage during the Civil War.
Phone: +1 (478) 745-5982
- Tubman Museum (6.5 miles)
- Visit this outstanding museum to learn about one of the central figures of the Civil War-era abolitionist movement—Harriet Tubman. Trace her steps as she courageously guided escaped slaves to freedom on the Underground Railroad.
Phone: +1 (478) 743-8544
- Georgia Sports Hall of Fame (6.8 miles)
Spanning 44,000 square feet, this is America's largest state sports museum. Visit to see 3,000 artifacts celebrating preparatory college, professional and amateur athletics in Georgia.
Phone: +1 (478) 752-1585
- Grand Opera House (6.9 miles)
Mercer University's performing arts venue, the Grand Opera House hosts tours of Broadway productions, along with operas and plays.
Phone: +1 (478) 301-5470
- Lake Tobesofkee (7.4 miles)
Soak up some Georgia sunshine at Lake Tobesofkee, where visitors can spend a relaxed afternoon boating, fishing, picnicking and swimming.
Phone: +1 (478) 474-8770
- Barrington Hall Golf Club (10.4 miles)
Challenge yourself to a round of golf at this beautiful course surrounded by Georgia pines.
Phone: +1 (478) 757-8358