Discover Lubbock’s Culture and Natural Beauty
Known as the home of Texas Tech University, Lubbock offers a variety of rich cultural destinations and beautiful natural attractions. After cheering on the Red Raiders, visit the Museum of Texas Tech University to experience the planetarium and abundant natural artifacts. Hike or fish at Buffalo Springs Lake, or say hello to the adorable animals at Prairie Dog Town. The Buddy Holly Center pays tribute to Lubbock’s famous native son while also hosting current musical and artistic events. Golfers can choose from three beautiful nearby courses.
Explore these exciting attractions:
- American Wind Power Center (3.8 miles)
Visit this unconventional museum to learn about wind turbines, wind mills and how wind power impacts the environment.
Phone: +1 (806) 747-8734
- Buddy Holly Center (2.8 miles)
Home to iconic memorabilia like Buddy Holly’s glasses and his Fender guitar, this museum honors the career of Lubbock’s most famous musician while also welcoming the artists of the future with musical and cultural events.
Phone: +1 (806) 775-3560
- Buffalo Springs Lake (10 miles)
Hike, fish, or relax with a picnic at this scenic location. The equipment you’ll need can be rented on site.
Phone: +1 (806) 747-3353
- CapRock Winery (7.4 miles)
CapRock Winery boasts a beautiful vineyard and a tasting room with a range of quality vintages.
Phone: +1 (806) 863-2704
- Lubbock Lake Landmark (8 miles)
An important archeological site that offers active excavations in the summer, Lubbock Lake Landmark contains artifacts of people who lived over 12,000 years ago.
Phone: +1 (806) 742-1116
- Museum of Texas Tech University (5.6 miles)
This university museum includes a planetarium with a breathtaking sky show and over 5 million natural artifacts from the surrounding region.
Phone: +1 (806) 742-2490
- Prairie Dog Town (5.2 miles)
Watch these endearing creatures interact in their natural habitat.
Phone: +1 (806) 775-2687
- Silent Wings Museum (8.8 miles)
Home of a restored WACO CG-4A glider, the Silent Wings Museum offers interactive exhibits that tell the story of the WWII glider program.
Phone: +1 (806) 775-3049
- South Plains Mall (6 miles)
A popular local destination, this indoor mall houses more than 155 stores, including Bealls, Aldo, Eddie Bauer, Forever 21, American Eagle Outfitters and GAP.
Phone: +1 (806) 788-1112
- Texas Tech University (7 miles)
With more than 30,000 students and a total of 10 colleges, Texas Tech University offers diverse educational opportunities as well as popular sports teams.
Phone: +1 (806) 742-2011
Nearby golf courses:
Directions to the hotel:
- From the North: Take I-27 S to exit 1B. The hotel is a quarter of a mile away on the right.
- From the South: Take I-27 N to exit 1A. Make a U-turn. The hotel is one mile away on the right.
- From NM Hwy 84: Take Hwy 84 through town. Turn left on 58th St.
- From Post: Take Hwy 84. Turn right on 58th St.