Tour the Tennessee River or View Caverns in Chattanooga
Home to underground waterfalls, sweeping mountain views and dramatic rivers, Chattanooga is known as the Scenic City. Located a few miles from downtown Chattanooga, the Country Inn & Suites in Hixson places you near a variety of things to do, from touring the Tennessee River via the Southern Belle steamboat to riding the rapids on the Ocoee River. You can also visit the Tennessee Aquarium, home to more than 12,000 birds, fish, reptiles and mammals as well as a butterfly garden and IMAX®
theater. Take the family for a Chattanooga Lookouts baseball game or to explore the depths of Ruby Falls caverns.
- Chattanooga Lookouts at AT&T Field (7.8 miles)
Grab a snack and a beer before settling back for a Chattanooga Lookouts baseball game. This team is a AA affiliate of the Minnesota Twins.
Phone: +1 (423) 267-2208
- Creative Discovery Museum (7.9 miles)
Experience science, art, dinosaurs and “The Amazing Castle” at Creative Discovery Museum, an attraction that draws more than 200,000 visitors each year.
Phone: +1 (423) 756-2738
- I-75 Flea Market (9.4 miles)
If you love browsing, don’t miss Chattanooga’s largest indoor/outdoor flea market, featuring everything from clothes to home goods.
Phone: +1 (706) 891-2020
- Northgate Mall (0.8 miles)
Make it a full day of fun at Northgate Mall, where you can shop, dine and squeeze in a movie at the 14-screen movie theater.
Phone: +1 (423) 875-4351
- Tennessee Aquarium (7.8 miles)
Visitors can experience wildlife through exhibits in the River Journey building and the Ocean Journey building. The on-site IMAX® 3D Theater is a special treat.
Phone: +1 (800) 262-0695
- Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park (19.7 miles)
Take a guided tour of this park, preserved as a tribute to the Union and Confederate forces who fought here in 1863 for control of Chattanooga.
Phone: +1 (706) 866-9241
- Lake Winnepesaukah (17 miles)
Thrill rides, family rides and kiddie rides are designed to ensure a fun time for the whole family at “Lake Winnie.” The water rides come highly recommended.
Phone: +1 (706) 866-5681
- Outdoor Adventure Rafting (Ocoee River) (43.3 miles)
Craving adrenaline-laced adventures? You’ll love white-water rafting on the Ocoee River, one of the nation’s best rivers for natural rapids. You can rock climb, paintball or rappel, too.
Phone: +1 (423) 338-5746
- Ruby Falls (13 miles)
Explore the depths on a guided tour through the cave to the 145-foot underground waterfall. Prefer treetops to subterranean passages? Take the ZIPstream adventure at this destination as well.
Phone: +1 (423) 821-2544
- The Southern Belle Riverboat (6 miles)
Cruise down the beautiful Tennessee River aboard this 450-seat tour boat. You can enjoy meals, entertainment and a narrated history of the river.
Phone: +1 (423) 763-1576
- Eagle Bluff Golf Club (10 miles)
Golfers of all skill levels will find this 18-hole course both a challenge and a pleasure to play.
Phone: +1 (423) 326-0202
- WindStone Golf Club (11.7 miles)
Discover tree-lined fairways and water challenges in play at eight of the 18 holes at this golf course, nestled in the scenic rolling hills near the Georgia/Tennessee border.
Phone: +1 (423) 894-1231
Other Points of Interest
Directions to the Country Inn & Suites:
- From I-75, take Exit 4 onto Hwy 153 N. Continue seven miles to Hamill Road and take a left. Take the first left and proceed to the hotel.
- From I-24, proceed to I-75 N and follow the directions above.
- From Hwy 27, take Hwy 153 S. Continue eight miles to Hamill Road and take a right. Take the first left and proceed to the hotel.