Find History and Fun at Gettysburg Attractions
Take a walk through history when you visit Gettysburg, home to historic battlefields, national parks, museums and nostalgic sites. You can tour Gettysburg National Cemetery, where President Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address, or visit the site of the Battle of Gettysburg. The Country Inn & Suites is the perfect spot to recharge after exploring local sites like President Eisenhower's former weekend getaway and the Hall of Presidents. Need a recess from your history lesson? Sample local vintages at Adams County Winery or hit the links at Quail Valley Golf Club.
- Gettysburg National Cemetery (2 miles)
This cemetery allows visitors to pay respects to the soldiers killed in the Battle of Gettysburg. It is also the site where President Lincoln delivered his famous Gettysburg Address.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124
- Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitors Center (0.5 miles)
Browse Civil War relics and learn about the people who played a part in the Battle of Gettysburg when you visit this museum, located on the site of one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124 ext. 8023
Museums and Tours
- Eisenhower Farm (3 miles)
Take a tour of President Eisenhower's weekend getaway and retirement home. This popular venue spans 230 acres and includes an on-site museum filled with approximately 40,000 artifacts related to Eisenhower and his life.
Phone: +1 (717) 338-9114
- Gettysburg Battlefield Tours
Get the full story on the Battle of Gettysburg from engaging storytellers while you visit local sites on a double-decker tour bus.
- Ghosts of Gettysburg (3 miles)
For spine-tingling tales about Gettysburg, embark on a candlelight tour to some of the area's most haunted sites.
Phone: +1 (717) 337-0445
- Hall of Presidents & First Ladies (2.5 miles)
This attraction tells the stories of past presidents using life-size wax figures created by artist Charles Morganthaler and audio segments of famous presidential speeches.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-5717
- Lincoln Train Museum (3 miles)
Climb aboard a train for a simulated ride along the route President Lincoln took from Washington, D.C. to deliver the Gettysburg Address. Don't miss the miniature train displays and the full-size Lincoln funeral car.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-5678
- Adams County Winery (13 miles)
After producing wine for more than 40 years, this local winery has mastered the craft. Stop by to sample the vintages and enjoy a picnic.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-4631
- Quail Valley Golf Club (9 miles)
Challenge your golf game on this course that meanders through the trees and over picturesque water challenges. After your round, stop by the golf shop to restock your gear or pick up a souvenir of your experience.
Phone: +1 (717) 359-8453
Directions to the hotel:
- From Route 97 South: Head northwest toward downtown Gettysburg. Turn left at Gettysburg Village Drive and into The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.
- From Route 15 Southbound: Head south on US-15 until you see the PA-97/Baltimore Pike Exit. Turn left on Baltimore Pike/PA-97. Turn right at Gettysburg Village Drive at the entrance to The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.
- From Route 15 Northbound: Head north on US-15 until you see the PA-97/Baltimore Pike Exit. Turn right on Baltimore Pike/PA-97. Turn right at Gettysburg Village Drive at the entrance to The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.