Gettysburg Offers Plenty of Things to Do
History has never been more fun to explore than when you visit Gettysburg, home to historic battlefields, national parks, museums and significant sites. You can stroll through Gettysburg National Cemetery, where President Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address, or visit the site of the Battle of Gettysburg. The Country Inn & Suites is the ideal home base to recharge after visiting local sites like President Eisenhower's former weekend getaway and the Hall of Presidents. Need a recess from your history lesson? Sample local vintages at Adam's County Winery or hit the links at Quail Valley Golf Course.
This hotel is near these attractions:
- Adam's County Winery (13 miles)
After producing wine for more than 40 years, this local winery has mastered the craft. Take time to sample the vintages and enjoy a picnic.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-4631
- Eisenhower Farm (3 miles)
Take a tour of President Eisenhower's weekend getaway and retirement home that span 230 acres and includes an on-site museum filled with 40,000 artifacts related to Eisenhower and his life.
Phone: +1 (717) 338-9114
- Gettysburg Battlefield Tours
Get the full story on the Battle of Gettysburg as told by storytellers while you visit local sites on a double-decker bus with a licensed battlefield guide.
- Gettysburg National Cemetery (2 miles)
Reflect on the soldiers who were killed in the Battle of Gettysburg at this nearby cemetery, also the site where President Lincoln delivered his famous Gettysburg Address.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124
- Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitors Center (0.5 miles)
Browse Civil War relics and glimpse the characters related to the Battle of Gettysburg when you visit this museum, located on the site of the famous Battle of Gettysburg, one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124 ext. 8023
- Ghosts of Gettysburg (3 miles)
For spine-tingling tales about Gettysburg, dare to embark on a candlelight tour to some of the area's most haunted sites.
Phone: +1 (717) 337-0445
- Hall of Presidents (2.5 miles)
This attraction uniquely tells the stories of past presidents using life-size wax figures created by artist Charles Morganthaler and audio segments of famous presidential speeches.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-5717
- Lincoln Train Museum (3 miles)
At this museum, you can climb aboard a train for a simulated ride along the route President Lincoln took from Washington, D.C. to deliver the Gettysburg Address. Don't miss the miniature train displays and the full-size Lincoln funeral car.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-5678
- Quail Valley Golf Course (9 miles)
Play the first nine holes of this course as it meanders through the trees, and then get to the back side of the course to find open spaces with water challenges on seven of the nine remaining holes. Once you've finished, stop by the golf shop to stock up on gear or pick up a souvenir of your experience.
Phone: +1 (717) 359-8453
Directions to the hotel:
- From Route 97 South: Head northwest toward downtown Gettysburg. Turn left at Gettysburg Village Drive and into The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.
- From Route 15 Southbound: Head south on US-15 until you see the PA-97/Baltimore Pike Exit. Turn left on Baltimore Pike/PA-97. Turn right at Gettysburg Village Drive at the entrance to The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.
- From Route 15 Northbound: Head north on US-15 until you see the PA-97/Baltimore Pike Exit. Turn right on Baltimore Pike/PA-97. Turn right at Gettysburg Village Drive at the entrance to The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.