Browse Museums or Play Sports in Fort Dodge
The Country Inn & Suites is the ideal home base for exploring all that Fort Dodge, IA has to offer. Browse the exhibits at Fort Museum & Trading Post and Blanden Art Museum, or watch fast cars at Gypsum City OHV Park and Frontier Sports Park. Business travelers appreciate being within minutes of several corporate offices like Georgia Pacific and Land 'O Lakes. If you're in town for sports tournaments, you are just five miles from Rogers Sports Complex, home to softball, baseball and soccer fields. For a fun family activity, head to Community Orchard, six miles away, for apple picking.
These points of interest are near the hotel:
- Blanden Art Museum (1.9 miles)
The museum's permanent collection includes European and American paintings, prints and sculptures from the 16th to 20th centuries. You can also take classes or participate in special events at the museum.
Phone: +1 (515) 573-2316
- Fort 8 Theatre (2.0 miles)
For a great rainy day activity, visit the Fort 8 Theatre for the latest blockbuster and treat yourself to some popcorn with extra butter.
Phone: +1 (515) 576-6989
- Gypsum City OHV Park (2.5 miles)
This more than 300-acre, off-highway vehicle park features 15 miles of ATV and motorcycle trails, a 1.5-mile motocross course and a youth riding area.
Phone: +1 (515) 573-7144
- Fort Museum & Trading Post (3.2 miles)
Learn more about the Civil War at this learning center, which showcases militia fort houses and Native American artifacts.
Phone: +1 (515) 573-4231
- Iowa Central Community College (3.5 miles)
Take a tour of the Iowa Central Community College campus, or attend musical events and theatrical performances offered throughout the year.
Phone: +1 (515) 576-7201
- Rogers Sports Complex (5.1 miles)
Traveling sports teams appreciate being just minutes from Rogers Sports Complex, which features softball, baseball and soccer fields for tournament play and practices.
Phone: +1 (515) 576-2851
- Frontier Sports Park (6.2 miles)
Visit this half-mile dirt raceway for exciting racing action in all classes, including hobby stock and stock cars.
Phone: +1 (515) 574-7223
- The Community Orchard (6.4 miles)
Bring the whole family for apple picking at this seasonal attraction, and then rest afterwards with a meal inside the cafe. You can also take a tour, shop at the gift store or indulge in a sweet treat from the bakery.
Phone: +1 (515) 573-8212
This hotel's location on 5th Avenue South is easy to find. Take US Highway 20 to exit 124. Follow Highway 20 north to Business 20; go west one mile to the hotel.
- Couch Freak Dollar Daze Boogie (Labor Day Weekend)
- Dayton Rodeo (Labor Day Weekend)
- Iowa Central Community College sporting and cultural events (year-round)
- Fall Fest (September)
- Apple Fest (October)
- CertainTeed (0.5 miles)
- Land 'O Lakes (0.5 miles)
- Nestle-Purina (0.5 miles)
- Silgan Container MFG (0.5 miles)
- Georgia Pacific (1 mile)
- United States Gypsum (1 mile)
- Trimark (2 miles)
- National Gypsum (3 miles)
- Boehringer Ingelheim (5 miles)
- Koch Nitrogen (7 miles)