Stay near Monocacy and Antietam National Battlefields
With access to a diverse array of area attractions, our hotel offers plenty of things to do for sports fans, shopaholics and history buffs alike. Don’t miss a trip to the National Museum of Civil War Medicine, located less than 10 minutes away in historic downtown Frederick, and be sure to stop by the Community Bridge in Carroll Creek Park to view its famous illusionist paintings. The Country Inn & Suites is also an hour outside Annapolis, MD and Washington, DC, so you can easily take a day trip to the state and national capitals—just hop aboard a bus at the MARC Brunswick Line Station. If you are in town for work, our location near I-70 and I-270 offers quick commutes to the area’s biggest businesses.
Arts and Culture
- The Delaplaine Arts Center (2 miles)
Housed in a 100-year-old mill in historic downtown Frederick, this educational art center features some of the region’s most impressive exhibitions.
Phone: +1 (301) 698-0656
- The Way Off Broadway Dinner Theatre & Children's Theatre (4 miles)
Treat yourself to an entertaining blend of Broadway-style stage productions and delicious dining selections at this popular dinner theater.
Phone: +1 (301) 662-6600
- Weinberg Center for the Arts (2 miles)
The Weinberg Center for the Arts offers year-round opportunities to experience excellent theater, film and musical performances in a nostalgic setting that hosted its first show in 1926.
Phone: +1 (301) 600-2828
Landmarks and Memorials
- Mount Olivet Cemetery (1.5 miles)
As the final resting place of Francis Scott Key, the Mount Olivet Cemetery offers visitors the opportunity to pay their respects to the author of “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
Phone: +1 (301) 662-1164
- National Fallen Firefighters Memorial (30 miles)
With an eternal flame of remembrance as its focal point, this 36-year-old national memorial pays tribute to firefighters who have given their lives to protect others.
Phone: +1 (301) 447-1365
- Seton Shrine (28 miles)
As the first native-born U.S. citizen to be canonized, Elizabeth Ann Seton holds a distinct place of honor in the Roman Catholic Church. Take a tour of The Stone House where Seton once lived, and examine artifacts from her life in the Seton Shrine Museum.
Phone: +1 (301) 447-6606
- Antietam National Battlefield (14 miles)
A visit to this infamous battlefield allows visitors to step back in time and walk the grounds that once hosted the bloodiest battle of the Civil War.
Phone: +1 (301) 432-5124
- Fort Detrick (6 miles)
From 1943 to 1969, this 1,200-acre military base served as the center of the U.S. biological weapons program. Today, Fort Detrick is dedicated to cutting-edge biomedical research and development.
Phone: +1 (301) 619-2018
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park (14 miles)
Tour the area where renowned abolitionist John Brown led one of the most impactful uprisings in American history. Educational workshops and living history tours offer a fresh perspective on events that helped shape a nation.
Phone: +1 (304) 535-6029
- Monocacy National Battlefield (1 mile)
The site of “The Battle That Saved Washington,” the Monocacy National Battlefield features exhibits and educational programs that offer a glimpse into one of the most ambitious attempts to turn the tide of the Civil War.
Phone: +1 (301) 662-3515
- National Museum of Civil War Medicine (2 miles)
Medical enthusiasts and history buffs can enjoy a fascinating look at many of the crude—yet critical—medical instruments used to treat soldiers during the Civil War.
Phone: +1 (301) 695-1864
Parks and Recreation
- Carroll Creek Park (2 miles)
What began as a flood control project in the ‘70s is now Carroll Creek Park, a public green space with brick pedestrian paths, water features and a 350-seat amphitheater. The park’s most notable feature is the Community Bridge, a pedestrian walkway featuring the artwork of William Cochran. All six walls of the bridge are covered in illusionist paintings.
Phone: +1 (301) 600-2888
- Catoctin Wildlife Preserve & Zoo (17.2 miles)
Open to the public from March to November each year, this seasonal wildlife preserve offers up-close encounters with more than 300 species of animals from habitats around the world.
Phone: +1 (301) 271-4922
- Crumland Farms (7 miles)
Once a productive dairy farm, Crumland is now an eight-acre corn maze and pumpkin patch. This family-friendly attraction is open only for private functions, field trips and special occasions, so call ahead before you get into town.
Phone: +1 (301) 845-8099
- Downtown Frederick Historic District (2 miles)
A visit to downtown Frederick offers the chance to stroll among charming shops, local dining establishments and historical buildings. There are nearly 30 clothing stores, 14 jewelers, more than a dozen antique shops and more, so prepare to spend the whole day downtown.
Phone: +1 (310) 698-8118
- Francis Scott Key Mall (walking distance)
With anchor stores like JCPenney, Sears and Macy’s, this popular shopping mall offers bargains and brand names just a few steps away from the hotel.
Phone: +1 (301) 662-5151
- Frederick Indoor Sports Center (5 miles)
This 65,000-square-foot sports complex houses an array of indoor athletic fields and training areas. If you’d rather spectate, sit back and watch entertaining events like Wiffle ball tournaments, bubble soccer matches and dog shows.
Phone: 1+ (240) 215-4040
- Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium (1.5 miles)
Grab your glove and head to Harry Grove Stadium to enjoy some all-American excitement as the Frederick Keys, the Class-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, take on their opponents at Nymeo Field.
Phone: +1 (301) 662-0013
Colleges and Universities
- Airgas (2.2 miles)
- AstraZeneca (1.7 miles)
- Atlantic Biologicals (3.1 miles)
- Babcock and Wilcox (3.1 miles)
- BAE Systems (4.9 miles)
- Bank of America (4.2 miles)
- Battelle National Biodefense Institute (6.2 miles)
- BB&T (4.7 miles)
- BP (0.7 miles)
- Canam (15 miles)
- CDM (2.6 miles)
- Charles River Laboratories (5.5 miles)
- CoreLogic (2.9 miles)
- Costco Wholesale (1.4 miles)
- CSC (4.3 miles)
- CSRA (4.1 miles)
- Danaher (3.7 miles)
- Department of Homeland Security (2.4 miles)
- DHL (1.9 miles)
- Ecolab (3.1 miles)
- Fannie Mae (6 miles)
- Flying Dog Brewery (3 miles)
- Frederick Memorial Hospital (1.8 miles)
- General Dynamics (1 mile)
- Giant Eagle (4.5 miles)
- Harlan Laboratories (2.1 miles)
- Hilti (2.1 miles)
- The Home Depot (0.4 miles)
- Honeywell (1.9 miles)
- Intelligrated (2.2 miles)
- Iron Mountain (2.1 miles)
- JCPenney (0.3 miles)
- JP Morgan (0.9 miles)
- Juniper Networks (0.7 miles)
- Kohl’s (0.6 miles)
- Lafarge (1.6 miles)
- Lockheed Martin (24.5 miles)
- Lonza (11.5 miles)
- L'Oréal Paris (2.7 miles)
- Lowe’s (5.3 miles)
- Macy’s (0.5 miles)
- Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs (2.7 miles)
- MedImmune (4 miles)
- Merck (30 miles)
- Michael Baker Jr. Inc. (1.9 miles)
- Motorola (3.2 miles)
- National Emergency Training Centers (27 miles)
- News Corp (1.9 miles)
- NVR (0.5 miles)
- Office Depot (0.2 miles)
- Oracle (31 miles)
- Penn Line (2.1 miles)
- Pep Boys (3.1 miles)
- PepsiCo (3.6 miles)
- PetSmart (0.6 miles)
- PNC (3.5 miles)
- Potomac Edison (30 miles)
- Praxair (3.1 miles)
- Raytheon (2 miles)
- Reed Elsevier Properties (1.9 miles)
- Royal Bank of Canada (1.9 miles)
- SAIC (5.8 miles)
- Sally Beauty (0.5 miles)
- Sears (0.7 miles)
- Siemens (9.7 miles)
- Southern Company (0.8 miles)
- SRA International (4.1 miles)
- State Farm (4.6 miles)
- SunTrust (1.6 miles)
- Tamko Building Products (2.7 miles)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (1.6 miles)
- Toys"R"Us (4.9 miles)
- UnitedHealth Group (2.9 miles)
- Veterans Affairs Acquisition Academy (0.7 miles)
- Wegmans (4.1 miles)
- Wells Fargo (2.1 miles)
- Westinghouse (2.4 miles)
- Wolters Kluwer (1.9 miles)
- Xerox (2.9 miles)