Charlotte and Concord, NC Attractions near I-85
The Country Inn & Suites hotel's guests stay smart with all the convenience and fun of area attractions—away from the city crowds. Interstate 85 zips you to Carowinds and Concord Mills Mall, plus NASCAR and Formula 1 races and museums. Visit students or teachers at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, or take in a Panthers NFL football game at Bank of America Stadium. Join the folks who return each year to the hotel’s comfy suites for the popular Carolina Renaissance Festival. With so many great attractions nearby, you’ll need a return trip!
- Backing Up Classics Auto Museum (10.2 miles)
This museum next to Charlotte Motor Speedway displays more than 50 classic cars, NASCAR memorabilia and more across 18,000 square feet of display space.
Phone: +1 (704) 788-9500
- Bank of America Stadium (23.8 miles)
Take a behind-the-scenes tour of this modern Charlotte stadium before cheering on the Carolina Panthers NFL football team.
Phone: +1 (704) 358-7000
- Carolina Renaissance Festival (12.3 miles)
You won’t want to miss this annual festival that features live entertainment, games, rides, pubs and more than 100 artisan vendors. Open weekends in October and November.
Phone: +1 (704) 896-5544
- Carowinds (36.5 miles)
Plan a day trip to Carowinds, where the whole family can thrill to water rides and rollercoasters as well as enjoy live entertainment and unique dining.
Phone: +1 (704) 588-2600
- Charlotte Motor Speedway (11 miles)
Fans flock to this home of premier race events that include NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series, dirt track and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Phone: +1 (704) 455-3200
- Concord Mills Mall (11 miles)
From American Eagle to Zumiez, Concord Mills Mall offers more than 200 stores, restaurants and entertainment venues.
Phone: +1 (704) 979-0001
- Concord Speedway (13.3 miles)
The Concord Speedway features a half-mile track and a quarter-mile track that host Saturday night INEX Legends races.
Phone: +1 (704) 782-4221
- Hendrick Motorsports (13 miles)
Stop by this state-of-the-art NASCAR garage to see cars driven by Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Phone: +1 (877) 467-4890
Directions to the Country Inn & Suites, Concord (Kannapolis), NC:
- From I-85 heading north, take Exit 60. Turn right onto Copperfield Blvd, and then immediately turn left onto Dickens Place NE, between the Bob Evans and the Exxon station. The hotel is on the right.
- From I-85 heading south, take Exit 60. Turn left at the top of the exit. Take the first left onto Dickens Place NE. The hotel is on the right.