Discover the Quirky Charm of Downtown Asheville
Asheville provides a home for the famous Biltmore Estate
, but it is not only history that draws visitors to this diverse mountain city. Within a few miles of the Country Inn & Suites, you’ll find many local breweries, the Asheville Art Museum and the Folk Art Center. Wander through the shops and restaurants of Grove Arcade, or go for a drive along the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway. The Museum of the Cherokee Indian offers a glimpse into a different side of the region’s history, and the North Carolina Arboretum features 65 acres of gardens. Experience these local attractions:
- Asheville Art Museum (2.8 miles)
Located in the Asheville center square, this museum showcases 20th-century and modern American art.
Phone: +1 (828) 253-3227
- Asheville Breweries
Asheville has quickly become a destination for craft beer lovers thanks to its abundance of local breweries.
- Asheville Outdoor Center (7 miles)
Canoe, kayak, or tube seven miles down the French Broad River with equipment from the Asheville Outdoor Center.
Phone: +1 (828) 232-1970
- Basilica of St. Lawrence (2.8 miles)
A nationally registered historic site, the basilica features a towering elliptical dome and breathtaking stained glass.
Phone: +1 (828) 252-6042
- Blue Ridge Parkway (2.8 miles)
Nicknamed “America’s Favorite Drive,” the parkway winds 469 miles through the Blue Ridge Mountains, offering stunning views throughout.
Phone: +1 (828) 298-0398
- Folk Art Center (4 miles)
See traditional and contemporary Appalachian crafts and craft demonstrations at this destination along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Phone: +1 (828) 298-7928
- Grove Arcade (3.2 miles)
This historical building houses local shops, elegant restaurants, art galleries and an outdoor market.
Phone: +1 (828) 252-7799
- Haunted Asheville (2.8 miles)
These walking tours give you a taste of Asheville’s history as well as its ghosts.
Phone: +1 (828) 216-3383
- Museum of the Cherokee Indian (45 miles)
Stop just outside Great Smoky Mountains National Park to visit this award-winning museum that explores 10,000 years of Cherokee history.
Phone: +1 (828) 497-3481
- North Carolina Arboretum (11.6 miles)
The North Carolina Arboretum offers a tranquil escape with 65 acres of gardens, 10 miles of trails and a famed bonsai collection.
Phone: +1 (828) 665-2492
- Pack Place Education, Arts & Science Center (5 miles)
This educational complex features several different theaters and museums, among them the YMI Cultural Center, which celebrates African-American culture, the Diana Wortham Theatre, which features dance and theatrical performances, and the Colburn Earth Science Museum, which explores the science of our planet.
Phone: +1 (828) 257-4500
- Western North Carolina Farmers Market (2.5 miles)
Renowned throughout the nation, the farmers market offers fresh produce, local honey, a nursery greenhouse, a café and an ice cream shop, all with views of the mountains and the Biltmore Estate.
Phone: +1 (828) 253-1691
Explore Asheville events and day trips.
Nearby companies and offices:
- Arvato Digital Services
- Asheville City Schools
- Buncombe County Public Schools
- City of Asheville
- General Services Administration
- GKN Aerospace Engine Systems
- Guthy Renker Fulfillment Services
- Ingles Markets, Inc.
- Kearfott Guidance & Navigation Corp
- Mission Health System and Hospital
- Smiths Aerospace - GE Aviation Systems
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- University of North Carolina at Asheville
- VA Medical Center - Asheville Department of Veterans Affairs