Visit Historic Sites and Museums in Newport News, VA
Located in the Historic Triangle, the Country Inn & Suites puts you within reach of things to do in nearby Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown. Take the 20-minute drive to Busch Gardens to ride the roller coasters, or explore closer destinations like City Center at Oyster Point, an open-air shopping district. Enjoy concerts and basketball games at Hampton Coliseum, the stores at Patrick Henry Mall or the animals and plants at the Virginia Living Museum. If space intrigues you, don't miss the Virginia Air & Space Center.
- City Center at Oyster Point (2.2 miles)
Shop, dine and attend special events at this open-air gathering place and shopping district, featuring grand vistas as well as a breathtaking water fountain in a five-acre lake.
Phone: +1 (757) 873-2020
- Patrick Henry Mall (2.3 miles)
Shop all your favorite retailers, including Charlotte Russe, Hot Topic, Old Navy and more, at this shopping center. When you need a break, stop to dine at one of the on-site restaurants like Red Robin or Charleys.
Phone: +1 (757) 249-4305
Arts and Entertainment
- Ferguson Center for the Arts (3.8 miles)
This venue welcomes concerts, shows and Broadway-style productions for year-round entertainment.
Phone: +1 (757) 594-8752
- Hampton Coliseum (6.8 miles)
From festivals and concerts to conventions and sporting events, this multipurpose arena is a hub for lively entertainment.
Phone: +1 (757) 838-4203
Museums and Education
- Hampton University (9.2 miles)
Take a tour of this beautiful nearby university, home to intriguing historical buildings, ancient trees, nearly 5,000 students and the Pirates sports teams.
Phone: +1 (757) 727-5000
- The Mariners' Museum and Park (3.9 miles)
Dedicated to the country's seafaring history, this museum features handcrafted ship models, Civil War exhibits, artifacts and artwork. Don't miss the $30 million USS Monitor exhibit, one of the nation's top Civil War displays.
Phone: +1 (757) 596-2222
- St. John's Episcopal Church (9.4 miles)
If you love visiting old sites, don't miss a tour of this church. St. John's is the site of the oldest English-speaking parish church in the U.S., dating back to 1728.
Phone: +1 (757) 722-2567
- Virginia Air & Space Center (9.5 miles)
Let your imagination run wild at this fascinating and interactive museum, where you can experience rocket launches and shuttle navigation through on-site simulators. In addition to a collection of artifacts, the museum also features a five-story IMAX Theater with 3-D movies.
Phone: +1 (757) 727-0900
- Virginia Living Museum (3.5 miles)
Visitors of all ages appreciate this unique attraction that combines an aquarium, a wildlife park, a botanical preserve and a planetarium for a fascinating and educational experience all in one stop.
Phone: +1 (757) 595-1900
- The Country Inn & Suites is located five miles from Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport.
- Take a left turn on Jefferson Avenue and follow to I-64 East.
- Take Exit 258B which is J Clyde Morris Boulevard.
- The hotel is one mile on the left.
Nearby Businesses/Points of Interest
- Camp Peary
- Cheatham Annex
- Ferguson Enterprises
- Jefferson Lab
- Joint Base Langley-Eustis
- NASA Langley
- Northrop Grumman Newport News Shipbuilding
- Training Center Yorktown
- Yorktown Naval Weapons Station