Marvel at Top Udupi Attractions Like the Krishna Temple
Welcome to the Country Inn & Suites, Manipal, where guests can enjoy proximity to important pilgrimage sites like Venugopal Temple, about two kilometres away, without sacrificing exceptional service and on-site amenities
like our rooftop pool. Our hotel is located in the heart of Manipal City near the Deputy Commissioner's offices, three kilometres from National Highway NH66 and within walking distance of the beautiful campus of Manipal University. Speak with our helpful travel and tourism desk for more information on visiting local attractions in the Manipal, Udupi and Karnataka areas, including Malpe Beach and pilgrimage sites like the Thousand Pillar Jain Temple.
The hotel's friendly staff is available to organise house parties and barbecues in beach bungalows approximately 10 kilometres from the hotel (fees apply). The Country Inn & Suites can also organise picnics to St. Mary's Island, approximately 10 kilometres away (fees apply).
Make time to visit these local attractions:
- Agumbe Hill Area and Sunset View Point (55 km)
For a romantic end to your day, head to one of India's best-loved hill stations to watch the sun set into the Arabian Sea.
- End Point (500 m)
Natural beauty abounds in Manipal, and the gardens at End Point are the perfect spot to enjoy a sunny afternoon. Take in views of the Swarna River while the kids tire themselves out on the park's playgrounds.
- Hasta Shilpa Heritage Village (1.5 km)
Discover the rich local heritage of Manipal as you wander through 26 restored structures at this heritage village, including the Museum of Folk Arts and several other museums and galleries.
- INOX Movie Theatre (1 km)
Feel the rhythms of Bollywood at this cinema, where you can watch the country's biggest stars in first-run films.
- Janardhana Mahakali Temple in Ambalapady (10 km)
Visit this beautiful temple in Udupi that celebrates the family history of local legends Sri Janardhana and Sri Mahakali.
- Kapu Beach (21.6 km)
Take a leisurely stroll along this beach, fly a kite or visit the lighthouse at Kapu Beach in nearby Udupi.
- Malpe Beach (11 km)
Known for its soft sands and beautiful Arabian Sea views, Malpe Beach is a popular destination for locals and visitors alike.
- Museum of Anatomy & Pathology (500 m)
More than 3,000 fascinating exhibits include the likes of king cobra skeletons and whale skulls at this unique museum at Manipal University.
- Venugopal Krishna Temple (2.1 km)
Home to the celebration of the Paryaya Festival once every two years, this temple is one of India's most famous and is well worth a visit.
- Dharmastala Ayurveda Centre at Udhyavara (11 km)
- Muniyal Institute of Ayurveda Sciences at Parkala (5 km)
Colleges and Universities
- Kasturba Medical College (walking distance)
Phone: +91 820 292 2532
- Manipal Institute of Technology (walking distance)
Phone: +91 820 292 2323
- Manipal University (walking distance)
Phone: +91 924 377 7733
- Manipal University International Hostels (walking distance)
- Indrali Railway Station (3 km)
- Mangalore Airport (IXE) (70 km)
Phone: +91 824 222 0400
- Public Bus Stand (1 km)
- Taxi and Pedicab Services Can Be Arranged for a Fee
See more great local attractions.
- Corporation Bank (2.3 km)
- Fishing Harbour and Seafood Export Freezing Plants at Malpe Beach (10 km)
- Manipal Media Network (2.1 km)
- Robosoft Technology, Ashirvad Udupi (6 km)
- Suzlon Infrastructure Ltd Pdubidri (20 km)
- Syndicate Bank (1.7 km)
- Vijaya Bank (6.5 km)