Find Plenty of Things to Do Close to Manipal
Enjoy proximity to important pilgrimage sites like Venugopal Temple when you stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Manipal. Our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the city near the Hasta Shilpa Heritage Village, three kilometres from National Highway 66, and within walking distance of the beautiful campus of Manipal University. Speak with our helpful travel and tourism desk for more information on visiting local attractions in the Manipal, Udupi and Karnataka areas, including Malpe Beach and pilgrimage sites like the Thousand Pillar Temple.
The hotel's friendly staff is available to organise house parties and barbecues in beach bungalows approximately 10 kilometres from the hotel (fees apply). The Country Inn & Suites can also organise picnics to St. Mary's Island, approximately 10 kilometres away (fees apply).
Museums, Temples and History
- Manipal Museum of Anatomy & Pathology (1.2 km)
More than 3,000 fascinating exhibits include the likes of king cobra skeletons and whale skulls at this unique museum located at Manipal University.
- Venugopal Temple (2.4 km)
Located amidst the MIT campus, this serene temple is well worth a visit for a peaceful mediation or an evening walk.
- Hasta Shilpa Heritage Village Museum (2.8 km)
Discover the rich local heritage of Manipal as you wander through 26 restored structures at this heritage village, including the Museum of Folk Arts and several other museums and galleries.
Phone: +91 (820) 257-4577
- Sri Janardhana and Sri Mahakali Temples in Ambalapady (8.6 km)
Visit these beautiful temples that celebrate the family history of local legends Sri Janardhana and Sri Mahakali.
Phone: +91 (820) 252-0871
- End Point (1.5 km)
Natural beauty abounds in Manipal, and the gardens at End Point are the perfect spot to enjoy a sunny afternoon. Take in views of the Swarna River while the kids tire themselves out on the playgrounds.
- INOX: Manipal Central Cinemas (1.7 km)
Feel the rhythms of Bollywood at this cinema, where you can watch the country's biggest stars on the big screen.
Phone: +91 (808) 021-1111
- Malpe Beach (11.9 km)
Known for its soft sands and beautiful Arabian Sea views, Malpe Beach is a popular destination for locals and visitors alike.
Phone: +91 (820) 253-8779
- Kapu Beach (24.3 km)
Take a leisurely stroll along this beach, fly a kite or visit the lighthouse at Kapu Beach in nearby Udupi.
Phone: +91 (735) 332-8833
- Agumbe Sunset View Point (47.1 km)
For a romantic end to your day, head to one of India's best-loved hill stations to watch the sun set into the Arabian Sea.
- Muniyal Institute of Ayurveda Medical Sciences (3.7 km)
- Shri Dharmastala Manjunatha Ayurveda Hospital (5 km)
Colleges and Universities
- Manipal University International Hostels (450 m)
- Manipal University (800 m)
Phone: +91 924 377 7733
- Kasturba Medical College (850 m)
Phone: +91 820 292 2532
- Manipal Institute of Technology (1.4 km)
Phone: +91 820 292 2323
- Manipal Bus Stand (1.4 km)
- Udupi Railway Station (4.1 km)
- Mangalore Airport (IXE) (66 km)
Phone: +91 824 222 0400
Note: Taxi and pedicab services can be arranged for a fee.
See more great local attractions.
- Corporation Bank (1.5 km)
- Vijaya Bank ATM (1.5 km)
- Syndicate Bank Head Office (2 km)
- Manipal Media Network (2.1 km)
- Robosoft Technologies (7.8 km)
- Malpe Fishing Harbor (10 km)
- Suzlon Infrastructure Limited (35.3 km)