Find Historic Sites and Fun Things to Do in Gettysburg
Take a walk through history when you visit Gettysburg, PA, home to important Civil War battlefields, national parks and museums. From your base at the Country Inn & Suites, you can tour Gettysburg National Cemetery to see where President Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address or visit the site of the Battle of Gettysburg. Recharge in your spacious hotel room
after exploring local attractions like President Eisenhower's former weekend getaway and the Lincoln Train Museum. Need a recess from your history lesson? Sample local vintages at Adams County Winery, or hit the links at Quail Valley Golf Club.
Historic Sites and Local Tours:
- Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center (0.5 miles)
Visit this museum to learn about the Battle of Gettysburg, one of the Civil War’s bloodiest conflicts. Browse 22,000 square feet of exhibit space with a variety of artifacts and an impressive cyclorama painting.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124, ext. 8023
- Gettysburg National Cemetery (2 miles)
This cemetery allows visitors to pay respects to the soldiers killed in the Battle of Gettysburg. It is also the site where President Lincoln delivered his famous Gettysburg Address.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124
- Gettysburg Battlefield Bus Tours (2.5 miles)
Get the full story on the Battle of Gettysburg from engaging storytellers while you visit local sites on a double-decker tour bus.
Phone: +1 (877) 680-8687
- Ghosts of Gettysburg Tours (3 miles)
For spine-tingling tales about Gettysburg, embark on a candlelight tour to some of the area's most haunted sites.
Phone: +1 (717) 337-0445
- Eisenhower National Historic Site (3 miles)
Take a tour of President Eisenhower's weekend getaway and retirement home. This popular venue spans 230 acres and includes an on-site museum filled with approximately 40,000 artifacts related to Eisenhower and his life.
Phone: +1 (717) 338-9114
- Lincoln Train Museum (3 miles)
Climb aboard a train for a simulated ride along the route President Lincoln took from Washington, D.C. to deliver the Gettysburg Address. Don't miss the miniature train displays and the full-size Lincoln funeral car.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-5678
- Quail Valley Golf Club (9 miles)
Improve your golf game on this course that meanders through the trees and over picturesque water challenges. After your round, stop by the golf shop to pick up a souvenir.
Phone: +1 (717) 359-8453
- Liberty Mountain Resort (13.3 miles)
Known both for its winter sports and its 18-hole golf course, this resort draws visitors for everything from weddings and conferences to snow tubing and night skiing.
Phone: +1 (717) 642-8282
Other Points of Interest:
- The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg (adjacent)
Walk next door to enjoy a freshly baked treat from Auntie Anne’s Pretzels while you shop outlet stores by brands like Adidas, Chico’s, Brooks Brothers, Talbots and Zales.
Phone: +1 (717) 337-9705
- Gettysburg College (3.6 miles)
Home to more than 2,400 undergraduates, this private liberal arts college ranks as one of the nation’s best. Wear orange and blue as you cheer on the Bullets in NCAA Division III sports.
Phone: +1 (717) 337-6300
- Adams County Winery (13 miles)
After producing wine for more than 40 years, this local winery has mastered the craft. Stop by to sample the vintages and enjoy a picnic.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-4631
Directions to the Hotel:
- From Route 97 South: Head northwest toward downtown Gettysburg. Turn left at Gettysburg Village Drive and into The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.
- From Route 15 Southbound: Head south on US-15 until you see the PA-97/Baltimore Pike Exit. Turn left on Baltimore Pike/PA-97. Turn right at Gettysburg Village Drive at the entrance to The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.
- From Route 15 Northbound: Head north on US-15 until you see the PA-97/Baltimore Pike Exit. Turn right on Baltimore Pike/PA-97. Turn right at Gettysburg Village Drive at the entrance to The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.