Stay near Fireside Dinner Theatre and Local Parks
Ideally situated just off Highway 26 Bypass and Highway 12, the Country Inn & Suites, Ft. Atkinson places guests near top attractions in Jefferson County. Take in a show at the renowned Fireside Dinner Theatre, or learn more about the history of the region at Hoard Historical Museum. Outdoor enthusiasts can find a variety of things to do, from biking, walking and jogging along the Glacial River Bike Trail to hiking and bird-watching at Dorothy Carnes Park.
- Fireside Dinner Theatre (2.6 miles)
Treat yourself to an afternoon or evening of fine dining and an exciting theatrical performance at this popular local theater. Check the website for upcoming performances and tickets.
Phone: +1 (800) 477-9505
- Hoard Historical Museum (2.1 miles)
Take advantage of free entry to this museum, which features informative exhibits about the Civil War, the history of local dairy farming and the past lives of native peoples.
Phone: +1 (920) 563-7769
- Rock River Lanes and King Pin Adventure Golf (3.2 miles)
Challenge your friends to a round of outdoor mini golf or indoor bowling at this family-friendly attraction.
Phone: +1 (920) 563-9511
- Busy Barns Adventure Farm (3.4 miles)
Let your kids take a hayride, pet baby animals or explore the corn maze at this local farm. Busy Barns also hosts rustic wedding ceremonies and other special events.
Phone: +1 (920) 691-6742
Parks and Nature:
- Barrie Park (1.4 miles)
Perfect for families, Barrie Park features a centrally located community playground. Head to the park every other Monday evening in the summer to attend a free concert.
Phone: +1 (920) 563-7781
- Dorothy Carnes Park (1.8 miles)
Hike, bike, bird-watch or picnic in this picturesque 514-acre conservation park.
Phone: +1 (920) 674-7260
- Glacial River Bike Trail (5.7 miles)
Bike, walk, jog or run along this scenic 39-mile trail that stretches from Watertown to Janesville.
- Jones Park (2.1 miles)
Watch for home runs and fly balls at Jones Park, which features a baseball field and stadium seating along with separate picnic areas.
- Fort Memorial Hospital (2.2 miles)
Fort Memorial Hospital provides healthcare services to all of Jefferson County.
Phone: +1 (920) 568-5000
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (10.9 miles)
Home to more than 12,000 students, the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater offers 50 majors, including marine biology, public relations, theater and more.
Phone: +1 (262) 472-1234
- Americold (5.2 miles)
- Ball Corporation (1.8 miles)
- Cygnus Publishing (2.8 miles)
- HOPPE North America (3.1 miles)
- Jones Dairy Farm (2.3 miles)
- Nasco (2.5 miles)
- Nestle Purina Pet Care Company (5.5 miles)
- Norland at Swissray (5.9 miles)
- On-Cor (2.8 miles)
- Spacesaver Corporation (3 miles)
- Topcon Agriculture America’s (3.3 miles)
- Wisconsin Packaging (1.8 miles)