Transportation to NYC Enjoy Easy Access to New York City Sites and Attractions
When you choose to stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Newark Airport, getting to New York City is easier than you may think. With several options for commuting from our hotel to The Big Apple, including our free shuttle service to nearby transportation hubs, you'll discover that not only can you visit NYC, but you can stay longer and experience more—all at a reasonable cost. See the best travel options listed below.
Option 1 – Drive to Times Square (42nd St)
This is the least expensive option for two or more people. Approximate travel time is 30–40 minutes depending on traffic.
Option 2 – Take a train to New York Penn Station (33rd St)
- Turn slight RIGHT onto Kapkowski Rd.
- Turn RIGHT onto Jersey Gardens Blvd.
- Merge onto I-95/NJ Turnpike (portions toll) and take the I-95 N/TURNPIKE NORTH ramp.
- Keep RIGHT to take I-95N/NJ Turnpike N toward US-46/I-80/LINCOLN TUNNEL/EXITS 15E-18E (portions toll)
- Take Exit 16E – Pay toll at Lincoln Tunnel ($8.00)
- Stay LEFT of the tunnel and (upon exiting) follow SIGNS for 42nd ST, Times Square.
- Stay STRAIGHT to go onto DYER AVE.
- Turn RIGHT onto W 42nd ST. Parking garage located on the right (350 W 42nd ST)
- www.iconparkingsystems.com/Garage_Details.asp (prices vary depending on how long vehicle will be parked as well as the day of the week and time of day you enter and exit.
Trains run approximately every 30 minutes.
Option 3 – Take a bus to New York Port Authority from Newark Airport (42nd St at 8th Ave)
- Take the complimentary hotel shuttle to Newark Airport Station P4.
- Take Air train (complimentary) to Newark International Airport Train Station.
- Purchase NJ Transit ticket to New York Penn Station ($12.50 each way)
- Board train and final stop is New York Penn Station.
- Link to subway trains A, C, E, 1, 2, 3 ($2.50 each way)
Buses run every 15 minutes. Take the complimentary hotel shuttle to Newark Airport Station P4 and take Air Train to Terminal A. Take the bus directly from Terminal A (Newark Airport). The cost is $25.00 round trip for adults. Kids younger than 12 years old are free. Discounts for kids, the disabled and seniors are available. Convenient pick-up locations are at three nearby mid-town Manhattan locations:
- Grand Central Station (41st Street between Park and Lexington Avenues)
- Bryant Park (42nd Street and 5th Avenue)
- Port Authority Bus Terminal (41st Street between 8th and 9th Avenues)
The buses run from approximately 4 a.m. to 1 a.m. and the trip is approximately 45 to 60 minutes. Can depart at Port Authority Terminal (in the underpass between terminals, all signed), Grand Central Station or NY Penn Station. Option 4 - Take a bus to New York Port Authority from the Jersey Garden Mall
Take the Bus #111 or Bus #115 from the Jersey Garden Mall across the street—located outside by The Burlington Coat Factory side. This will leave you at the New York Port Authority. Cost per person is $6.50 each way.