Avoid the Charlotte Crowds and Stay in Concord
Book a room or suite
at the Country Inn & Suites, Concord (Kannapolis) and stay near some of the best attractions in the Charlotte area. Venture downtown to tour the NASCAR Hall of Fame or to attend a big concert or Carolina Panthers game at the Bank of America Stadium. If downtown crowds aren’t your cup of tea, stay on the outskirts with a day of shopping at Concord Mills or an exciting race at the Concord Speedway. Our location on I-85 also makes it simple to reach both the Concord Regional Airport (JQF) and Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT).
With so many great attractions nearby, you’ll need a return trip!
- Backing Up Classics Auto Museum (13 miles)
View more than 50 classic and muscle cars at this museum next to Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Phone: +1 (704) 788-9500
- Bank of America Stadium (26 miles)
Join 75,000 other fans in uptown Charlotte to cheer on the Carolina Panthers NFL football team. This open-air, natural grass stadium features 153 luxury suites and four suite clubs for exclusive members.
Phone: +1 (704) 358-7000
- Carolina Renaissance Festival (12.3 miles)
For the greatest party since Camelot, get your tickets to this annual festival that features jousting knights, games, rides, pubs and the Artisan Marketplace.
Phone: +1 (704) 896-5555
- Carowinds (36.5 miles)
Test your bravery and board the Hurler and Intimidator roller coasters. Kids' rides and live entertainment make this amusement park a hit for families.
Phone: +1 (704) 588-2600
- Charlotte Motor Speedway (11 miles)
Racing fans won’t want to miss the site of premier race events like the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series, and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Phone: +1 (704) 455-3200
- Concord Mills Mall (11 miles)
Shop the largest retail destination in North Carolina and discover great buys from more than 200 stores like Nike, Banana Republic and Bass Pro Shops. The complex also offers several restaurants, an IMAX theater, an aquarium and The Concord Speed Park.
Phone: +1 (704) 979-3000
- Concord Speedway (13.3 miles)
Two different tracks present different racing action. Buy tickets for either the half-mile track or the quarter-mile track, with the opportunity to sit in the pits. Kids 12 and under are admitted for free.
Phone: +1 (704) 782-4221
- Hendrick Motorsports (13 miles)
A mile from the Charlotte Motor Speedway, this state-of-the-art NASCAR garage features cars driven by Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Phone: +1 (877) 467-4890
Directions to the Country Inn & Suites, Concord (Kannapolis), NC:
- From I-85 heading north, take Exit 60. Turn right onto Copperfield Blvd, and then immediately turn left onto Dickens Place NE, between the Bob Evans and the Exxon station. The hotel is on the right.
- From I-85 heading south, take Exit 60. Turn left at the top of the exit. Take the first left onto Dickens Place NE. The hotel is on the right.