Sports Fans Have Plenty of Things to Do in Columbus
If you’re planning a trip to Columbus, you’ll love the atmosphere of this vibrant, growing city that has become an important business hub for the Midwest. We’re near downtown corporations like Abbott and DSW, event venues like the Ohio Expo Center and sports venues like Huntington Park. Once you’ve finished work for the day, head north to Easton Town Center for an impeccable selection of restaurants and retailers or head west to shop for local produce at North Market. Are you a die-hard Buckeyes fan? Ohio Stadium is less than five miles away.
Arts and Culture:
- Arnold Sports Festival (4.5 miles)
Founded by Arnold Schwarzenegger, this sports festival is the largest multi-sport competition in the country, featuring more than 18,000 athletes competing in 70 events. The festival also includes a health and fitness expo housed in the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Phone: +1 (614) 431-2600
- Berliner Sports Park (5.8 miles)
As the nation’s largest softball complex, Berliner Sports Park offers hundreds of acres of fields and batting cages as well as nature trails, a playground and courts for volleyball and basketball.
Phone: +1 (614) 645-3366
- Huntington Park (4.6 miles)
- Pack your glove and keep an eye out for fly balls at Huntington Park, home of the Columbus Clippers, a Triple-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians.
Phone: +1 (614) 462-5250
- MAPFRE Stadium (3.2 miles)
Dress in black and gold and cheer on the Columbus Crew SC, our hometown MLS soccer team, at MAPFRE Stadium.
Phone: +1 (614) 447-2739
- Nationwide Arena (4.5 miles)
Experience fast-paced hockey action when the NHL’s Blue Jackets take to the ice at Nationwide Arena, located only 15 minutes away in downtown Columbus.
Phone: +1 (614) 246-2000
- Ohio Stadium (4.6 miles)
Join a sea of scarlet at Ohio Stadium, a landmark sports facility on The Ohio State University campus. This 105,000-seat stadium is home turf for the Buckeyes football team.
Phone: +1 (614) 292-2624
- Columbus Museum of Art (3.8 miles)
Tour the exhibitions, which range from paintings by Renoir to statues by Rodin. Be sure to check out the Creativity Studio, where you can learn to think like an artist as you create something of your own.
Phone: +1 (614) 221-6801
- COSI (Center of Science and Industry) (4.8 miles)
At COSI, kids and adults alike can explore the ocean’s depths, film their own TV shows and travel through time to see how life has changed over the decades.
Phone: +1 (614) 228-2674
- Ohio Statehouse (4.8 miles)
Completed in 1861, this stunning building was designed in the Greek Revival style. It now houses a museum, restaurant and gift shop.
Phone: +1 (614) 752-9777
Colleges and Universities:
- Capital University (3 miles)
With its roots in the Lutheran Church, this liberal arts institution was chartered as a university in 1850 and has been enriching students through undergraduate and graduate programs ever since.
Phone: +1 (614) 236-6101
- Franklin University (4.1 miles)
Franklin is the second-largest private university in the state of Ohio. Come tour the institution’s 14-acre campus to see why it’s a nationally recognized pioneer in adult education.
Phone: +1 (614) 797-4700
- Ohio Dominican University (0.8 miles)
At the core of this Catholic liberal arts university is the pursuit of truth, justice and peace. More than 2,500 students call this college home.
Phone: +1 (614) 251-4500
- The Ohio State University (OSU) (4.2 miles)
Consistently ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 universities, OSU offers more than 200 areas of study and 492 specializations.
Phone: +1 (614) 292-6446
- Trinity Lutheran Seminary (3.1 miles)
A theology school of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Trinity caters to 3,000 students each year from a variety of Christian denominations.
Phone: +1 (614) 235-4136
Entertainment and Recreation:
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (14 miles)
Enter the world of Jack Hanna at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, the home base for the global spokesman of wildlife conservation. You’ll love watching the antics of Asian otters and admiring the majestic bald eagles during your visit.
Phone: +1 (614) 645-3400
- Creekside Park (3.4 miles)
Offering nearly eight acres of family-friendly fun, Creekside Park is the centerpiece of Olde Gahanna, offering waterfalls, walkways, picnic areas, paddle boats, fishing and wading.
Phone: +1 (614) 342-4250
- Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens (2.5 miles)
From desert landscapes to lush greenhouses, the Franklin Park Conservatory takes you around the botanical world with plant exhibits from several different biomes. Be sure to visit the Hot Shop to watch glassblowers create works of art that are then displayed throughout the gardens.
Phone: +1 (614) 715-8000
- Ohio Expo Center & State Fair (3.1 miles)
This sizeable venue hosts the annual Ohio State Fair as well as concerts, conventions and trade shows. If you’re visiting the fair, you don’t want to miss the impressive butter sculptures that have become a popular tradition.
Phone: +1 (614) 644-4038
- Value City Arena at the Jerome Schottenstein Center (4.9 miles)
See sporting events or big-name performers like Kanye West and Pentatonix at this large facility, located on the campus of The Ohio State University.
Phone: +1 (614) 292-2624
- Easton Town Center (3.5 miles)
With hundreds of shops, restaurants and entertainment options to choose from, Easton Town Center is the perfect place to browse your favorite brands, enjoy dinner with colleagues or catch a movie at the theater with family.
Phone: +1 (614) 416-7000
- North Market (4.3 miles)
Part farmers market and part foodie haven, North Market brings together one-of-a-kind goods from independent vendors to celebrate local creativity. Search through fresh produce, artisan breads and pastries, and earth-friendly home products, and then grab a bite from one of the gourmet food booths.
Phone: +1 (614) 463-9664
- Polaris Fashion Place (11.2 miles)
Enjoy shopping, dining and entertainment at this shopping center, home to more than 150 stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Barnes & Noble.
Phone: +1 (614) 846-1500
Directions to the hotel:
- From I-270 North or South, take Exit 9, Cassady Avenue. Follow it straight ahead, and you'll find the hotel on your right behind McDonald’s.
- From I-71 North or South, exit onto I-670 West. Continue to Exit 9, Johnstown Road/Cassady Avenue. Turn right onto Johnstown Road, and then turn right onto Cassady at the first stop light. Continue onto Airport Drive and then turn left. The hotel is located on the right behind McDonald’s.
Want more information?
- Find airline information and directions from the hotel to the CMH airport.
- Learn about parking, directions and events at the Ohio Expo Center.
Nearby Tourist Services:
- Abbott (3.3 miles)
- American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning (1.2 miles)
- DSW (2.1 miles)
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated (3.3 miles)
- J.P. Morgan (3.1 miles)
- L Brands (4.3 miles)
- Lane Bryant (3.1 miles)
- Lockheed Martin (0.1 mile)
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company (4.3 miles)
- NCR Corporation (3.3 miles)
- NetJets (1.8 miles)
- Siemens (7.7 miles)