Discover Fun Things to Do in Austin
Stay just minutes from the city’s famous downtown area, known for its eco-friendliness, unique local businesses and vibrant arts scene. Attend festivals and events at the Austin Convention Center or tour the University of Texas, just five miles away from the Country Inn & Suites in North Austin. You can cheer on the Texas Longhorns at Texas Memorial Stadium, hike at Lady Bird Lake, catch a concert at Palmer Events Center or attend the state fair and rodeo at Travis County Exposition Center.
- Austin Convention Center (5.8 miles)
With more than 240,000 square feet of exhibit space, the Austin Convention Center is a hub of activity that hosts thousands of events, including the South by Southwest (SXSW) arts festival.
Phone: +1 (512) 404-4000
- Travis County Exposition Center (7.6 miles)
In addition to the annual Star of Texas State Fair and Rodeo, this complex hosts indoor and outdoor events, including formal banquets and 5K races.
Phone: +1 (512) 854-4900
- Palmer Events Center (7.9 miles)
Make the short drive from North Austin to Butler Park to attend a concert, social gala or trade show at Palmer Events Center.
Phone: +1 (512) 404-4500
- The Texas Capitol (5 miles)
If you enjoy tours, be sure to put the historic state capitol building on your list. Constructed of red granite in an elegant Renaissance Revival style, the building is surrounded by beautiful grounds and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Phone: +1 (512) 463-5495
- Dave & Buster's (5.5 miles)
Visit Dave & Buster's, home to arcade games, bowling, a bar and a restaurant. Enjoy a basket of wings while you watch the big game.
Phone: +1 (512) 346-8015
- The Domain (5.9 miles)
Spend a day at this outdoor mall, called “Austin’s second downtown,” which features parks, jogging trails, restaurants, upscale shops and a movie theater.
Phone: +1 (512) 682-5500
- Sixth Street (6.3 miles)
Your trip to Austin would not be complete without a stop at Sixth Street, which boasts seven blocks of restaurants, bars, art studios, chic boutiques, dance and music venues, and much more.
- Lady Bird Lake (7.3 miles)
Enjoy outdoor fun at Lady Bird Lake, where you can walk or bike 10 miles of gravel trail and go canoeing or kayaking.
- Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium at Joe Jamail Field (5 miles)
Join the sea of spectators dressed in orange to root for the Texas Longhorns at this state-of-the-art stadium.
Phone: +1 (512) 471-7437
- The University of Texas at Austin (5.2 miles)
Home to the Texas Longhorns, this flagship branch of the University of Texas is one of the largest and most prestigious public universities in the United States.
Phone: +1 (512) 471-1000
- Round Rock Express (16.8 miles)
For an exciting family activity, catch a baseball game. As the local Minor League Baseball team affiliated with the Texas Rangers, the Round Rock Express have home-field advantage here.
Phone: +1 (512) 255-2255
- From I-35 North: Exit at St. Johns Avenue (exit 240A), then go straight at the first light (St. Johns). Make a U-turn at the second light (Highway 183 and I-35 intersection). The hotel is 0.25 miles away on the right.
- From I-35 South: Exit at St. Johns Avenue (exit 240A/239), then proceed through the light (Highway 183 and I-35 intersection). The hotel is 0.25 miles away on the right.
- From Airport: Take TX-71 West and merge onto Highway 183 North. Exit at Lamar Boulevard, then go straight on the service road. At the second light, take a left turn onto the southbound service road of I-35. The hotel is 0.25 miles away on the right.
Nearby Points of Interest:
- Highland 10 Cinema (1.3 miles)
- Walmart (1.5 miles)
- A&A Liquors (2.5 miles)
- St. David's Medical Center (2.5 miles)
- Seton Medical Center (3 miles)
- Brackenridge Hospital (5 miles)
- Cinemark Tinseltown 17 (11.4 miles)