Golf, See a Show or Stroll the Riverwalk in Augusta
Be sure to pack your clubs for a visit to Augusta, home of the Augusta National Golf Club, the Masters Tournament and numerous courses such as The River Golf Club and Jones Creek Golf Club. The Country Inn & Suites hotel is near I-20 so you can easily access a variety of things to do, such as shopping along the Augusta Riverwalk, touring the Morris Museum of Art and wandering the trails through Phinizy Swamp Nature Park. Fort Gordon is only five miles away, making this hotel an ideal choice for government workers.
Enjoy the Outdoors:
- Augusta Riverwalk (7 miles)
This eight-mile walkway boasts great views of the Savannah River and offers shops, restaurants and various special events throughout the year.
Phone: +1 (706) 821-1754
- Phinizy Center & Nature Park (6 miles)
See bobcats, turtles, blue heron, alligators and other local wildlife in their natural habitat.
Phone: +1 (706) 828-2109
Experience Arts and Culture:
- Imperial Theatre (5.8 miles)
This historic theater is now home to the Augusta Opera and the Augusta Ballet.
Phone: +1 (706) 722-8341
- Morris Museum of Art (5.5 miles)
This museum features an impressive collection of 18th-century art.
Phone: +1 (706) 724-7501
- Sacred Heart Cultural Center (4.8 miles)
This beautiful building serves as an example of European architecture in the American South. Saved from disrepair in the 1970s, it is now the venue for an array of community events.
Phone: +1 (706) 826-4700
Learn Local History:
- Confederate Monument (5.8 miles)
This monument was erected in 1878 to honor the men of Richmond County who lost their lives in the Civil War.
Phone: +1 (706) 724-0436
- Fort Gordon (5 miles)
Founded in 1917 and now home of the United States Army Signal Corps and Cyber Center of Excellence, Fort Gordon is an important Army training center.
Phone: +1 (706) 791-6844
- Plant Vogtle (25 miles)
Expand your knowledge of electricity and the history of nuclear energy at the Plant Vogtle Energy Education Center.
Phone: +1 (706) 554-9961
- Saint Paul's Church (6 miles)
Make an appointment to tour this historic church, constructed in 1750.
Phone: +1 (706) 724-2485
- The Signers’ Monument (5.8 miles)
Visit this monument dedicated to three signers of the Constitution: Button Gwinnett, George Walton and Lyman Hall.
Play the Links:
- Augusta National Golf Club (1.3 miles)
This prestigious golf club is home to the annual Masters Tournament.
Phone: +1 (706) 667-6000
- Jones Creek Golf Club (5.6 miles)
Practice your swing among the dogwoods and azaleas lining this course with TifEagle Bermuda greens. The club house also includes a pool and a tennis court.
Phone: +1 (706) 860-4228
- The River Golf Club (7.7 miles)
Play the Mini-Verde ultradwarf bermuda greens, numerous lakes, wetlands and dramatic bunkers along the Savannah River at The River Golf Club.
Phone: +1 (803) 202-0110
- ATM (at the Circle K gas station within walking distance)
- Bank of America, SunTrust and Wells Fargo (walking distance)
- Circle K (0.1 mile)
- Graced Kennel & Grooming (6 miles)
Phone: +1 (706) 738-7168
- Lucy’s Laundry (100 feet)
- The Medical College of Georgia (4.5 miles)
Phone: +1 (706) 721-4262
- UPS Store (0.5 miles)
Phone: +1 (706) 650-2535
- U.S. Post Office (3.7 miles)
The Country Inn & Suites is also near several area airports:
- Directions from Augusta Regional Airport (AGS): (20 mins) Leave Bush Field and turn right onto Doug Bernard Parkway. Take 520 W (Bobby Jones Express Hwy). Take Exit 1C (I-20 toward Columbia). Take Exit 199 (Washington Rd). Off the ramp, make a right and take a left at the first light; the hotel will be on the right. Estimated taxi fare: $25.
- Directions from Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE): (60 mins, 67 miles) Take I-20 W (59 miles) and then take Exit 199 (Washington Rd). Off the ramp, make a left at the second light; the hotel is on the right.