Experience the Excitement of Downtown Athens
Discover what makes Athens one of America’s best college towns by booking a stay at the all-suites Country Inn & Suites, less than three miles from the University of Georgia and the best things to do in downtown Athens. If you are a music lover, don’t miss a show at the legendary 40 Watt Club, one of the most important venues in the punk movement. Want to shop for souvenirs? Stop by the boutiques in the Five Points neighborhood before grabbing a coffee or heading to the Globe for a drink. If craft beer is more your style, tour the Terrapin brewery about three miles away. For family-oriented adventures, don’t miss the State Botanical Garden of Georgia and annual festivals
like AthFest and the AOC Twilight Criterium.
- University of Georgia (2.3 miles)
The oldest state-chartered university in America, UGA boasts a beautiful 762-acre campus that is well worth a visit. Don’t miss a Bulldogs football game at Sanford Stadium.
Phone: +1 (706) 542-3000
- Bear Hollow Zoo (3 miles)
Home to a variety of animals native to Georgia, including bald eagles and black bears, this small zoo packs a big punch with beautiful trails and free admission.
Phone: +1 (706) 613-3580
- Georgia Museum of Art (3.4 miles)
Located on the East Campus of UGA, Georgia’s official art museum includes two- and three-dimensional paintings and a collection of folk art.
Phone: +1 (706) 542-4662
- State Botanical Garden of Georgia (5.4 miles)
This tranquil public garden provides more than 300 acres of gardens, greenhouses, bridges and nature trails.
Phone: +1 (706) 542-1244
Shopping and Dining
- The Globe (2.3 miles)
This local hangout, opened in 1989, features a wide range of beers, wines and single malt scotch.
Phone: +1 (706) 353-4721
- Five Points (2.5 miles)
Stroll through this pedestrian-friendly neighborhood near UGA to explore shops, restaurants, bars and coffeehouses.
- Terrapin Beer Co. (3.1 miles)
If you love craft beer, you won’t want to miss taking a tour of this local microbrewery.
Phone: +1 (706) 549-3377
- Georgia Theatre (2.3 miles)
Find out why Athens is famous for its music scene as you join more than 1,000 other concertgoers for shows by up-and-coming artists.
Phone: +1 (706) 850-7670
- 40 Watt Club (2.5 miles)
Founded in 1978, the 40 Watt Club has become famous for its role in the American punk rock movement and continues to host live shows.
Phone: +1 (706) 549-7871
Directions to the Hotel
- From Atlanta: Take I-85 N to GA 316 E. Follow 316 E until it merges into the Atlanta Highway (Broad Street). The hotel is one mile down on the left.
- From I-85: At Commerce, take US 441 S. Turn right to merge onto Athens Perimeter Highway. Take exit 18 for US 78 E/Atlanta Highway/GA 10 toward Monroe. Turn left at US 78 E, and then turn left onto Old Epps Bridge Road.
- From US 78 W: Take business US 78 E through downtown on Broad Street. The hotel is three miles down on the right.