Events and Day Trips
Enjoy Live Music, Seasonal Events and Hiking in Asheville
No trip to Asheville would be complete without listening to live music, taking time to enjoy nature and attending a local festival. Stay at the Country Inn & Suites hotel to experience easy access to downtown, where many seasonal events take place.
Popular Event Venues
- The Orange Peel (2.1 miles)
Music lovers won’t want to miss a visit to this intimate live music venue, known for the wide and eclectic range of artists who perform there.
Phone: +1 (828) 398-1837
- U.S. Cellular Center (2.1 miles)
Catch a symphony performance, touring Broadway show or sporting event at this versatile event facility.
Phone: +1 (828) 259-5736
- Bristol Spring Race (Mar)
- Festival of Flowers (Mar-May)
- Southern Conference Basketball Tournament (Mar)
- Biltmore Concert Series (Aug-Sep)
- Bristol Fall Race (Aug)
- Asheville Marathon (Sep)
- Candlelight Christmas Evenings at Biltmore (Nov-Dec)
- Christmas at Biltmore (Nov-Jan)
- Grove Park Inn Gingerbread House Competition (Nov-Jan)
- Beach at Lake Lure (28.1 miles)
Lounge on the beach, have a picnic or visit the mini water park at this man-made lake surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Phone: +1 (828) 625-1373
- Chimney Rock State Park (22 miles)
This famous stone formation offers views that stretch as far as 75 miles and is home to Hickory Nut Falls.
Phone: +1 (828) 625-9611
- Grandfather Mountain (68.3 miles)
Go for a hike, catch glimpses of the local wildlife and cross the Mile-High Swinging Bridge to take in panoramic views of mountains and valleys at this popular peak.
Phone: +1 (828) 733-4337
- Old Pressley Sapphire Mine (22 miles)
This historical North Carolina mine lets you experience what it’s like to hunt for sapphires.
Phone: +1 (828) 648-6320
- Sliding Rock (36.7 miles)
Go for an exciting ride on this all-natural waterslide that ends in a pool of mountain water.
Phone: +1 (828) 877-3265