Events and Day Trips Enjoy Live Music, Seasonal Events and Hiking in Asheville
No trip to Asheville would be complete without listening to live music, taking time to enjoy nature and perhaps even attending a local festival.
Make the most of your stay at the Country Inn & Suites by attending a show at one of these performance venues:
- Orange Peel
Music lovers won’t want to miss a visit to this intimate live music venue, known for the wide and eclectic range of artists who perform there.
- U.S. Cellular Center
Catch a symphony performance, touring Broadway show or sporting event at this versatile event facility.
Check out these annual local events:
- Bristol Spring Race (Mar)
- Festival of Flowers (Mar-May)
- Southern Conference Basketball Tournament (Mar)
- Biltmore Concert Series (Aug-Sep)
- Bristol Fall Race (Aug)
- Asheville Marathon (Sep)
- Moog Festival (Oct)
- Candlelight Evenings at Biltmore (Nov-Dec)
- Christmas at Biltmore (Nov-Jan)
- Grove Park Inn Gingerbread Competition (Nov-Jan)
Take a day trip to these attractions:
- Beach at Lake Lure (23.4 miles)
Lounge on the beach, have a picnic or visit the mini water park at this man-made lake surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Phone: +1 (828) 625-1373
- Chimney Rock State Park (22 miles)
This famous stone formation offers views that stretch as far as 75 miles and is home to Hickory Nut Falls.
Phone: +1 (828) 625-9611
- Grandfather Mountain
Go for a hike, catch glimpses of the local wildlife and cross the Mile-High Swinging Bridge to take in panoramic views of mountains and valleys at this popular peak.
- Old Pressley Sapphire Mine (22 miles)
This historical North Carolina mine lets you experience what it’s like to hunt for sapphires.
Phone: +1 (828) 648-6320
- Sliding Rock
Go for an exciting ride on this all-natural waterslide that ends in a pool of mountain water.