Make the most of your vacation in Virginia Beach with these useful tips, courtesy of the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach Oceanfront. To find out what activities are on the beach during your stay, check the Activity Board in the hotel lobby. Daily and weekly activities are updated by the staff.
Leave the car and take the Trolley! The Virginia Beach Wave Trolley is the way to get around the beach inexpensively. A one-day pass is $2 for adults and $1 for children. The hotel staff can give you details on where to catch the trolley and its routes. The trolley stop is right in front of the hotel, so just walk out and catch a ride.
There are some regulations and rules for the beach, so it is best to be prepared. A few of those rules are:
- Fires of any kind are not permitted on the beach.
- From Memorial Day to Labor Day, pets are not permitted on the public beaches, boardwalk or grassy area between the boardwalk and hotel property.
- From Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day, surfing restrictions are enforced.
- Skateboarding is not permitted on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk.
- Surfing is prohibited within 30 feet of the shoreline, and surfers must wear a leash.
- Virginia Beach promotes a family-friendly vacation destination, so cursing/profanity is prohibited.
For more information on how the whole family can enjoy the beach, have a great time and be aware of any rules and regulations, check with the Front Desk staff at any time.