The Country Inn & Suites is conveniently located near outdoors recreation sites. Deer and turkey hunting are popular in the area, as is the ice fishing at Apple Canyon Lake. If you want something more fast-paced, think about riding on the snowmobile trails. Stay with us and you’ll also be near Galena, IL, famous for its skiing and snowboarding slopes. When the weather allows it, golfers will enjoy the courses here in Stockton.
- Fish: Enjoy ice fishing at Apple Canyon Lake. Bring a bucket to sit on. It's cold, but the fish taste better!
- Hunt: Avid hunters will see numerous deer, plenty of turkey and many other wildlife examples.
- Shopping/Spa: Ladies, shop ’til you drop and then enjoy a spa treatment. Galena has many interesting stores and spas.
- Ski: Chestnut Mountain Resort offers the best and most beautiful in the state. Skip Vail, ski Chestnut—enjoy the scenic drive and save all that money while staying in our Stockton hotel rooms.
- Snowmobile Trails: Plenty of safe parking is available for your trailers. The local trail starts right outside the door. We have maps of the local trails.
- Stockton History Museum: This museum focuses on local history, like the fact that J.L. Kraft started his business here in 1914, nearly 100 years ago. The museum also features railroad exhibits.