Country Inn & Suites Rochester - Henrietta Convenient to New York State Waterways
On the south shore of Lake Ontario with the Genesee River knifing through its center, Rochester offers a dramatic landscape of scenic wonders. From the charm and history of the Erie Canal to the power of the Genesee River... From impressive Lake Ontario to hundreds of smaller lakes, streams, creeks, and ponds throughout this area, Rochester abounds with watery treasures.
Rochester's Wonderful Waterways:
Boat Tour Websites:
The Colonial Belle
Sam Patch Tour Boat
- Irondequoit Bay is a sailing fishing waterskiing delight, while the nearby Finger Lakes stretch long watery trails into the heart of New York's wine-making region.
- The Genesee River is a water-way of many moods as it roars through the enormous gorge it caved into Letchworth State Park
- As one of the five fresh-water lakes in America known as the Great Lakes, Lake Ontario also boasts the best salmon fishing in the country and exciting boating opportunities year round.
- The Charlotte / Genesee Lighthouse on the Genesee River's west bank, is one of the oldest on the Great Lakes and includes a mini-museum that traces the history of lighthouses, lake transportation and the Port of Rochester.
- The Seaway Trail is a designated American byway - is a fresh water coastline that follows the Niagara River, Lake Ontario's shoreline and the Saint Lawrence River.
For more information about Rochester's abundant waterways, please visit: