Explore Historic Battlefields near This Gettysburg, PA Hotel
The Country Inn & Suites puts guests within easy reach of all the attractions and sights in one of America's most historically significant destinations. Enjoy a walking tour with Civil War experts or visit President Eisenhower's former weekend getaway, all within minutes of this Gettysburg, PA hotel. Additional attractions include battlefield tours, national parks, museums and popular historic sites, such as Gettysburg National Cemetery, the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and the Hall of Presidents. There's plenty to see and do here, and the Country Inn & Suites is the perfect place to relax and recharge with comfortable accommodations
.Visit these historic sites and attractions:
Directions to the hotel:
- Adam's County Winery (13 miles)
Sample the wines, or enjoy a picnic and some shopping at this local attraction.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-4631
- American Stories Historic Walking Tours and Programs (3 miles)
Step back in time and experience Gettysburg's historic past with tours and interactive programs, led by Civil War experts dressed in period costumes.
Phone: +1 (717) 624-8154
- Eisenhower Farm (3 miles)
This 230-acre farm once served as President Eisenhower's weekend getaway and later became his retirement home. It is still home to many of the family's belongings, including some of the President's own paintings.
Phone: +1 (717) 338-9114
- Gettysburg National Cemetery (2 miles)
The final resting place of soldiers killed in one of the Civil War's bloodiest battles, this cemetery was also the site of President Lincoln's famous Gettysburg Address.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124
- Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitors Center (0.5 miles)
Learn about and reflect on the Battle of Gettysburg, one of the most infamous battles ever fought on US soil, at this national park located just minutes from the Country Inn & Suites.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124 ext. 422
- Ghosts of Gettysburg (3 miles)
With so much history, it's no surprise that Gettysburg has plenty of ghost stories. For a spine-tingling adventure, stroll by candlelight to some of the most haunted sites in Gettysburg, including soldier houses, cemeteries and former battlefields.
Phone: +1 (717) 337-0445
- Hall of Presidents (2.5 miles)
History comes to life at this historic attraction that features life-size wax figures of past presidents and audio segments of famous presidential speeches.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-5717
- Lincoln Train Museum (3 miles)
The Lincoln Train Museum runs locomotives along the same route that President Lincoln took from Washington, D.C. to Gettysburg to deliver his immortal speech.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-5678
- Quail Valley Golf Course (9 miles)
Get in a quick round of golf on this challenging course featuring two distinctly different nines.
Phone: +1 (717) 359-8453
- From Route 97 South: Head northwest toward downtown Gettysburg. Turn left at Gettysburg Village Drive and into The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.
- From Route 15 Southbound: Head south on US-15 until you see the PA-97/Baltimore Pike Exit. Turn left on Baltimore Pike/PA-97. Turn right at Gettysburg Village Drive at the entrance to The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.
- From Route 15 Northbound: Head north on US-15 until you see the PA-97/Baltimore Pike Exit. Turn right on Baltimore Pike/PA-97. Turn right at Gettysburg Village Drive at the entrance to The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.