Gettysburg, PA Hotel Is near Civil War Battlefields
The Country Inn & Suites is within easy reach of the top Civil War attractions in Gettysburg. You can take a tour with local experts or visit President Eisenhower's former weekend getaway. There are also plenty of battlefields, national parks, museums and historic sites for you to explore. During your visit, be sure to see the Gettysburg National Cemetery, the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and the Hall of Presidents in Gettysburg, PA.
This hotel is near these attractions:
- Adam's County Winery (13 miles)
This local winery has been producing wine for more than 40 years. You can sample the wines and enjoy a picnic.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-4631
- Eisenhower Farm (3 miles)
Spanning 230 acres, this farm served as both President Eisenhower's weekend getaway and his retirement home. A museum on site houses 40,000 artifacts related to Eisenhower and his life.
Phone: +1 (717) 338-9114
- Gettysburg Battlefield Tours
Climb aboard a double-decker bus with a licensed battlefield guide for an opportunity to relive the Battle of Gettysburg through accounts told by storytellers throughout the area.
- Gettysburg National Cemetery (2 miles)
This cemetery is where soldiers killed in the Battle of Gettysburg were laid to rest, and it's also the site where Lincoln delivered his famous Gettysburg Address.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124
- Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitors Center (0.5 miles)
Visit the site of the Battle of Gettysburg, one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124 ext. 8023
- Ghosts of Gettysburg (3 miles)
Gettysburg is a city full of history and ghost stores. If you're brave enough, take a candlelight tour to some of the area's most haunted sites.
Phone: +1 (717) 337-0445
- Hall of Presidents (2.5 miles)
Experience history through life-size wax figures of past presidents created by artist Charles Morganthaler and audio segments of famous presidential speeches.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-5717
- Lincoln Train Museum (3 miles)
Take a train ride along the same route that President Lincoln took from Washington, D.C. to deliver the Gettysburg Address.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-5678
- Quail Valley Golf Course (9 miles)
Hit the links at this challenging 18-hole course, opened in 1993.
Phone: +1 (717) 359-8453
Directions to the hotel:
- From Route 97 South: Head northwest toward downtown Gettysburg. Turn left at Gettysburg Village Drive and into The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.
- From Route 15 Southbound: Head south on US-15 until you see the PA-97/Baltimore Pike Exit. Turn left on Baltimore Pike/PA-97. Turn right at Gettysburg Village Drive at the entrance to The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.
- From Route 15 Northbound: Head north on US-15 until you see the PA-97/Baltimore Pike Exit. Turn right on Baltimore Pike/PA-97. Turn right at Gettysburg Village Drive at the entrance to The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg.