Convenient Accommodations Near Gettysburg Battlefield
One of the most conveniently located hotels in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the Country Inn & Suites is situated at the intersections of Rt. 97 and Rt. 15, less than five miles from famous Gettysburg historic sites, national parks, museums and battlefield tours. The central location of our hotel allows for easy access to a wealth of area attractions, historic sites and world-class entertainment.
Our Gettysburg is near these historic sites and attractions:
- Adam's County Winery (13 miles)
Spend the day tasting exquisite Pennsylvanian wines, picnicking in beautiful rural settings and browsing for unique gifts and souvenirs.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-4631
- American Stories Historic Walking Tours and Programs (3 miles)
Walking tours and interactive programs are conducted by Civil War experts dressed in authentic costumes.
Phone: +1 (717) 624-8154
- Eisenhower Farm (3 miles)
This 230-acre farm served as President Eisenhower's weekend getaway during his presidency, and was his retirement place thereafter. Many of the family belongings still remain, including some of the President's own paintings.
Phone: +1 (717) 338-9114
- Gettysburg National Cemetery (2 miles)
In 1863, the governor of Gettysburg ordered the purchase of this land to be the final resting place for soldiers who died in battle. It was at this very site that President Lincoln gave his famous Gettysburg Address.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124
- Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitors Center (0.5 miles)
The Battle of Gettysburg, one of the bloodiest and most infamous battles in US history, was fought here. This memorial is just minutes from the Country Inn & Suites in Gettysburg.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-1124 ext. 422
- Ghosts of Gettysburg (3 miles)
Join others in an evening candlelight walking tour of some of the most haunted sites in Gettysburg. View haunted soldier houses, cemeteries, and once bloody battlefields.
Phone: +1 (717) 337-0445
- Hall of Presidents (2.5 miles)
Visitors can view life-size wax figures of past presidents and listen to segments of famous speeches at this historic attraction.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-5717
- Lincoln Train Museum (3 miles)
This train drives visitors along the same route that Lincoln took from Washington, D.C. to Gettysburg to deliver his immortal speech.
Phone: +1 (717) 334-5678
- Quail Valley Golf Course (9 miles)
Quail Valley offers an outstanding challenge with two distinctly different nines. The front plays through a mature stand of tress and the back is more open with water lurking on seven of the nine holes.
Phone: +1 (717) 359-8453
Directions to the hotel:
- From Route 97 - Head northwest on PA-97 toward Mud College Rd for about 4 miles. Turn left at Gettysburg Village Drive.
- From Route 15 - Head north on US-15 until you see the PA-97 exit towards Baltimore Pike. Turn right at Baltimore Pike/ PA-97. Turn right at Gettysburg Village Drive.