Visit Historic Sites near Galesburg, Illinois Hotel's Location
Whether you're a lover of shopping, the arts or history, you'll find entertaining attractions just minutes from your accommodations
at the Country Inn & Suites Galesburg, Illinois. The hotel's location across from Sandburg Mall makes shopping for deals easy, or you can head to the Galesburg Civic Art Center for unique items from the gift shop. Get a taste of local history with a tour of the Carl Sandburg State Historic Site and Seminary Street, home to a variety of shops and eateries. Traveling in and around the area is easy thanks to the nearby Galesburg Municipal Airport (GBG), Highway 34 and I-74.
Must-see attractions include:
- Carl Sandburg State Historic Site (4 miles)
Galesburg is the birthplace of the famous poet Carl Sandburg. View the home and the visitor's center, where you’ll find a museum, a gift shop and a theater showing autobiographical films.
Phone: +1 (309) 342-2361
- Galesburg Civic Art Center (3 miles)
This art center features rotating exhibitions, an excellent gift shop and a variety of annual events, such as Art in the Park and the Black Earth Film Festival.
Phone: +1 (309) 342-7415
- Knox County Scenic Drive (5.8 miles)
If you're visiting the area in October, don't miss this self-guided car tour. You'll see historic sites that include the Galesburg Scarecrow Festival and a 19th-century log cabin.
Phone: +1 (309) 343-2485
- Sandburg Mall (0.1 mile)
Sandburg Mall offers retail stores such as Bergner’s, Claire’s, Bath & Body Works, JCPenney, Sears and Kmart.
Phone: +1 (309) 344-1331
- Seminary Street Historic Commercial District (3.3 miles)
This district is home to locally owned bookstores, bakeries and clothing boutiques. Go shopping in the area's many antique shops.
Phone: +1 (309) 342-1000
Additional points of interest include:
- Amtrak (4 miles)
- Browning Mansion (4 miles)
- Carl Sandburg College (2 miles)
- Galesburg Municipal Airport (1.5 miles)
- Galesburg Railroad Museum (4 miles)
- Knox College (4 miles)
- Knox County Courthouse (4 miles)
- Orpheum Theatre (3 miles)
- Peoria International Airport (45 miles)
- Quad City International Airport (40 miles)
- Riverboat Casino, Davenport (45 miles)
- Riverboat Casino, Peoria (45 miles)
- Western Illinois University (45 miles)
The Country Inn & Suites Galesburg is located off I-74. Take exit 46-A to Highway 34 W. Take Highway 34 W to Henderson St. At the first traffic light, take a right on Carl Sandburg Dr. The hotel is on the right, directly across from Sandburg Mall.