Galesburg Hotel’s Location Is near Historic District
Enjoy a slice of historic Americana and classic Midwest charm without going far from this Galesburg hotel’s location. Catch a folk music or arts festival as you tour the birthplace of Carl Sandburg, the Pulitzer Prize-winning poet who gave a voice to the American experience. The nearby Galesburg Civic Arts Center showcases local art and hosts the Black Earth Film Festival for independent filmmakers. Explore Seminary Street, the city’s historic district that is now home to independent shops, fashion boutiques and cafés, then take a drive through scenic Knox County to discover local festivals and charming small towns.
Popular local attractions include:
- Carl Sandburg State Historic Site (4 miles)
See the birthplace of Carl Sandburg, the iconic poet who captured the American experience through his writing. Tour the home and gardens, visit the museum and gift shop, or attend a folk music festival or other event on the grounds.
Phone: +1 (309) 342-2361
- Galesburg Civic Art Center (3 miles)
This community art center is home of the Black Earth Film Festival and other events throughout the year. See the work of local artists in the gallery, then purchase unique handcrafted jewelry, pottery and more from the gift shop.
Phone: +1 (309) 342-7415
- Knox County Scenic Drive (5.8 miles)
Make the most of the beautiful month of October with this self-guided car tour through Knox County. The tour route brings you to covered bridges, historic buildings and local festivals.
Phone: +1 (309) 343-2485
- Sandburg Mall (0.1 mile)
Indulge in a little retail therapy at this indoor mall with stores including JCPenney, Bath & Body Works, Christopher & Banks and Bergner’s.
Phone: +1 (309) 344-1331
- Seminary Street Historic Commercial District (3.3 miles)
Galesburg’s historic storefronts, originally built in the 1800s, have been revitalized with independent, locally-owned businesses including fashion boutiques, specialty gift stores, coffee shops and more.
Phone: +1 (309) 342-1000
Additional points of interest include:
- Amtrak (4 miles)
- Browning Mansion (4 miles)
- Carl Sandburg College (2 miles)
- Galesburg Municipal Airport (1.5 miles)
- Galesburg Railroad Museum (4 miles)
- Knox College (4 miles)
- Knox County Courthouse (4 miles)
- Orpheum Theatre (3 miles)
- Peoria International Airport (45 miles)
- Quad City International Airport (40 miles)
- Riverboat Casino, Davenport (45 miles)
- Riverboat Casino, Peoria (45 miles)
- Western Illinois University (45 miles)
The Country Inn & Suites Galesburg is located off I-74. Take exit 46-A to Highway 34 W. Take Highway 34 W to Henderson St. At the first traffic light, take a right on Carl Sandburg Dr. The hotel is on the right, directly across from Sandburg Mall.