Discover Exciting Attractions from This Hotel in Galena, IL
Browse 19th century artifacts while touring the historic Dowling House, step back in time at the Galena/Jo Daviess County History Museum or take an enchanting stroll through Linmar Gardens, all within reach of the Country Inn & Suites hotel in Galena, IL. There's plenty more to keep you entertained during your stay in Galena, including skiing at Chestnut Mountain Ski Resort, sampling fine wines at Galena Cellars Vineyard and Winery and late-night gambling at nearby Mystique Casino. With so much to see and do in Galena, it's important to have a place to recharge. The Country Inn & Suites delivers with thoughtful accommodations designed to encourage rest as well as provide enjoyment while you explore the area.
Local attractions include the following:
- Dowling House (2.1 miles)
For a glimpse of the history of downtown Galena, tour this former trading post, filled with 19th century artifacts that paints a picture of the development of this charming city.
Phone: +1 (815) 777-1250
- Galena/Jo Daviess County Historical Society & Museum (2.1 miles)
Learn about the history of Galena at this museum, also home to an old blacksmith shop and a gift shop.
Phone: +1 (815) 777-9129
- Linmar Gardens (2.2 miles)
Nestled on the hillside overlooking Galena, this three-and-a-half acre attraction features meandering pathways surrounded by lush plants, a 20-foot waterfall and a replica of a small mine, creating a lovely outdoor experience for visitors of all ages.
Phone: +1 (815) 777-1177
- The Belvedere (2.4 miles)
This 1857, 22-room mansion, surrounded by gardens, is furnished with beautiful Victorian pieces and is also home to the green drapes used to make Scarlett O'Hara's dress in "Gone with the Wind."
Phone: +1 (815) 777-0747
- Ulysses S. Grant Home State Historical Site (2.8 miles)
Visit the home of the 18th president of the United States, located minutes from the hotel.
Phone: +1 (815) 777-3310
- Chestnut Mountain Ski Resort (10.9 miles)
Ski the scenic slopes of this resort during the winter or take the Alpine Slide to the Mississippi in the summer. This year-round resort provides fun for the entire family.
Phone: +1 (815) 777-1320
- Apple River State Historic Site (16.7 miles)
President Lincoln once camped outside this fort with his militia unit. It is also the site of one of the battles fought during the Black Hawk War.
Phone: +1 (815) 858-2028
Local colleges, universities and hospitals:
Other points of interest:
- Diamond Jo Casino (15 miles, west)
- Galena Cellars Vineyard and Winery (8 miles, southwest)
- Galena Golf Club (0.25 miles, north)
- Galena on the Fly, Inc Balloon Rides (8 miles, southeast)
- Galena Trolley Tours (2 miles, west)
- Grant City Park (2 miles, south)
- Iowa Wine Tours (20 miles, northwest)
- Mystique Casino (15 miles, west)
- Recreation Park & Alice T. Virtue Memorial Pool & Water Park (2 miles, southeast)
- Wild Clover Day Spa (1.5 miles, downtown)