This Hotel in Galena, IL Is Moments from Top Attractions
Travelers of all types can plan an ideal excursion while staying at the Country Inn & Suites hotel in Galena, IL, conveniently near historic sites, gorgeous parks, quaint vineyards and family-friendly pursuits. You can tour the Belvedere, Dowling House and Ulysses S. Grant Home for a bit of local history, or take a leisurely stroll through the Linmar Gardens. After helping your child move into one of the local universities, set off to Galena Cellars Vineyard and Winery for a tasting. Devote a beautiful day to the Chestnut Mountain Ski Resort, which is open year round, or try your luck at the nearby casinos. Galena truly has something for everyone!
Fill your itinerary with these area attractions:
- Dowling House (2.1 miles)
For a glimpse of the history of downtown Galena, tour this former trading post, filled with 19th-century artifacts that paint a picture of the development of this charming city.
Phone: +1 (815) 777-1250
- Galena/Jo Daviess County Historical Society & Museum (2.1 miles)
Learn about the history of Galena at this museum, also home to an old blacksmith shop and a gift shop.
Phone: +1 (815) 777-9129
- Linmar Gardens (2.2 miles)
Nestled on the hillside overlooking Galena, these 3.5-acre gardens feature meandering pathways surrounded by lush plants, a 20-foot waterfall and a replica of a small mine, creating a lovely outdoor experience for visitors of all ages.
Phone: +1 (815) 777-1177
- The Belvedere (2.4 miles)
This 22-room mansion, built in 1857 and surrounded by gardens, is furnished with beautiful Victorian pieces and is also home to the green drapes used to make Scarlett O'Hara's dress in Gone with the Wind.
Phone: +1 (815) 777-0747
- Ulysses S. Grant Home State Historical Site (2.8 miles)
Home of the 18th president of the United States, this historic site was gifted to Grant by the city of Galena for his heroic Civil War leadership.
Phone: +1 (815) 777-3310
- Chestnut Mountain Ski Resort (10.9 miles)
Ski the scenic slopes of this resort during the winter or take the Alpine Slide to the Mississippi in the summer. This year-round resort provides fun for the entire family.
Phone: +1 (815) 777-1320
- Apple River State Historic Site (16.7 miles)
President Lincoln once camped outside this fort with his militia unit. It is also the site of one of the battles fought during the Black Hawk War.
Phone: +1 (815) 858-2028
Local colleges, universities and hospitals:
Other points of interest:
- Diamond Jo Casino (15 miles, west)
- Galena Cellars Vineyard and Winery (8 miles, southwest)
- Galena Golf Club (0.25 miles, north)
- Galena on the Fly, Inc Balloon Rides (8 miles, southeast)
- Galena Trolley Tours (2 miles, west)
- Grant City Park (2 miles, south)
- Iowa Wine Tours (20 miles, northwest)
- Mystique Casino (15 miles, west)
- Recreation Park & Alice T. Virtue Memorial Pool & Water Park (2 miles, southeast)
- Wild Clover Day Spa (1.5 miles, downtown)