Discover Ft. Dodge, IA from our Hotel’s Excellent Location
If you’re a vacationing sports fan or speed enthusiast, enjoy our hotel’s proximity to Gypsum City OHV Park, Rogers Sports Complex and Mineral City Speedway. Patrons of the arts love having easy access to Fort Museum & Trading Post and the Blanden Art Museum—both just a short drive from the Country Inn & Suites Ft. Dodge, IA. Business travelers love our hotel’s location in the heart of the local business district, just five miles from Fort Dodge Regional Airport.
Nearby attractions include:
- Blanden Art Museum (1.9 miles)
With a wide variety of exhibits and specialties in 16th-20th century prints, this popular museum is a great cultural destination less than two miles away from the hotel.
Phone: +1 (515) 573-2316
- Fort 8 Theatre (2.0 miles)
Catch a movie with the whole family or have a date night any night of the week at this nearby local theater.
Phone: +1 (515) 576-6989
- Gypsum City OHV Park (2.5 miles)
With ATV and motorcycle trails, a motocross course, safety training area and youth riding area, this attraction is both thrilling and family-friendly.
- Fort Museum & Trading Post (3.2 miles)
Take time to visit this museum that features replica Civil War militia fort houses plus pioneer and Native American artifacts.
Phone: +1 (515) 573-4231
- Iowa Central Community College (3.5 miles)
Just minutes away from the Country Inn & Suites, this local college is situated within easy driving distance of our hotel, which is an ideal location for visiting parents and students.
Phone: +1 (515) 576-7201
- Rogers Sports Complex (5.1 miles)
This newly renovated facility is home to a variety of sports attractions in Fort Dodge.
Phone: +1 (515) 576-2851
- Mineral City Speedway (6.2 miles)
A racing fan's dream, this exciting speedway offers kids' nights, bikers' nights and more full-throttle racing action.
Phone: +1 (515) 574-7223
- Community Orchard (6.4 miles)
With over 20 varieties of apples, a gift shop, a cafe and a bakery, this orchard makes for a fun (and delicious) excursion for the whole family.
Phone: +1 (515) 573-8212
Our Ft. Dodge, IA hotel's location on 5th Avenue South is easy to find. Take US Highway 20 to exit 124. Follow Hwy. 20 north to Business 20; go west one mile to the hotel.
Fort Dodge Businesses:
- CertainTeed (0.5 miles)
- Land 'O Lakes (0.5 miles)
- Nestle-Purina (0.5 miles)
- Silgan Container MFG (0.5 miles)
- Georgia Pacific (1 mile)
- United States Gypsum (1 mile)
- Trimark (2 miles)
- National Gypsum (3 miles)
- Boehringer Ingelheim (5 miles)
- Koch Nitrogen (7 miles)
- Frontier Days (June)
- Couch Freak Dollar Daze Boogie (Labor Day Weekend)
- Dayton Rodeo (Labor Day Weekend)
- Iowa Central Community College sporting & cultural events (year-round)
- Fall Fest (September)
- Apple Fest (October)