Explore Attractions near This Hotel in Frederick
The Country Inn & Suites puts you right in the middle of the Frederick area's Civil War history and is within easy reach of such famous sites as Gettysburg, Antietam and Harpers Ferry. Situated at the intersection of I-270 and I-70, the hotel is also near corporations like Raytheon, Bechtel and Flying Dog Brewery. During your hotel stay in Frederick, you can hop on the MARC (located one mile away) and head to Washington, D.C. or experience popular outdoor attractions like Gambrill State Park and Greenbrier State Park.
Visit these attractions:
- Antietam National Battlefield (14 miles)
Visit the site where one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War occurred on September 17, 1862.
Phone: +1 (301) 432-5124
- Carroll Creek and Community Bridge Mural (2 miles)
This bridge is a community art project designed by area citizens and implemented by artist William Cochran and his assistants. See the trompe l'oeil masterpiece that makes this plain concrete bridge look like an ivy-covered stone bridge.
- Crumland Farms (7 miles)
Take the family for some fall fun at this farm that's home to an eight-acre corn maze and a pumpkin patch.
Phone: +1 (301) 845-8099
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center (2 miles)
This center hosts art classes and a variety of workshops throughout the year.
Phone: +1 (301) 698-0656
- Downtown Frederick Historic District (2 miles)
Stroll through Frederick's charming downtown area to see historic architecture, do some local shopping or dine at area restaurants.
- FEMA / National Fallen Firefighters Memorial (30 miles)
This monument includes an eternal flame that honors the firefighters who have given their lives to save their communities.
- Francis Scott Key Mall (walking distance)
Get some retail therapy at this mall that's anchored by several major retailers, including JCPenney, Macy's and Sears.
Phone: +1 (301) 662-5151
- Harpers Ferry National Historic Park (14 miles)
This site, located at the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers, is where abolitionist John Brown led his famous 1859 uprising.
Phone: +1 (304) 535-6029
- Harry Grove Stadium – Frederick Keys Baseball (1.5 miles)
Cheer on the Keys, the Class-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, at this ballpark.
Phone: +1 (301) 662-0013
- Hood College (3 miles)
Historically an all-female college until 1971, Hood now enrolls more than 2,400 male and female students.
Phone: +1 (301) 663-3131
- Monocacy National Battlefield (1 mile)
On July 9,1864, the Confederacy made one of its final attempts to invade the North during the Civil War. See where "The Battle That Saved Washington" took place.
Phone: +1 (301) 662-3515
- Mount Olivet Cemetery (Francis Scott Key Gravesite) (1.5 miles)
This cemetery is the final resting place of Francis Scott Key, the author of the U.S. national anthem.
Phone: +1 (301) 662-1164
- National Museum of Civil War Medicine (2 miles)
Learn about the gruesome and seemingly cruel medical practices used during the Civil War through the equipment on display at this fascinating museum.
Phone: +1 (301) 695-1864
- National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton (28 miles)
This shrine is named in honor of Elizabeth Ann Seton, the first native-born U.S. citizen to be canonized by the Roman Catholic Church.
Phone: +1 (301) 447-6606
- Way Off Broadway Dinner Theatre (4 miles)
Open since 1990, this theater has launched productions of such shows as Grease, Sleeping Beauty and The Wedding Singer. See what's on the calendar during your stay.
Phone: +1 (301) 662-6600
- Weinberg Center for the Arts (2 miles)
Housed inside a refurbished 1926 movie theater, the Weinberg Center for the Arts hosts music, theater, film and visual art performances and exhibits. Don't miss the eight-rank Wurlitzer organ, one of the last of its kind.
Phone: +1 (301) 600-2828
Colleges and Universities
- Bank of America
- BB&T Bank
- Canam Steel
- Charles River Laboratories
- Department of Homeland Security
- Fairchild Controls
- Fannie Mae
- Flying Dog Brewery
- Fort Detrick
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
- General Dynamics
- Giant Eagle
- Hood College
- Lockheed Martin
- Mount St. Mary’s University
- National Emergency Training Center
- Penn Line
- PNC Bank
- Potomac Edison
- Southern Company
- Toys "R" Us
- Wells Fargo
- Frederick Community College (2.8 miles)
- Hood College (5 miles)
- Maryland School for the Deaf (0.5 miles)
- Mount St Mary's College (23.5 miles)
- National Fire Academy (23 miles)