Hotel’s Site in Dover Is near Amish Country Attractions
Choose the Country Inn & Suites and immerse yourself in the rich culture of Amish Country. Start your explorations at the Historic Schoenbrunn Village, Ohio’s first town, and then experience daily agricultural life at The Farm at Walnut Creek. Contact Amish Heartland Tours for a guided excursion or get a self-guided tour booklet. Other historical attractions include the Dennison Railroad Depot Museum, where you can learn about this bustling transportation hub. For a break from the history, spend some time shopping at New Towne Mall. If you’re a golfer, book a tee time at one of the many excellent courses near this hotel’s location in Dover, Ohio. Before you leave the area, tour one of the region’s wineries and pick up a bottle of wine to take home with you.
Plan to visit these Amish Country destinations during your stay:
- Amish Heartland Tours (19 miles)
Whether you choose a self-guided driving tour or a guided group tour, Amish Heartland Tours shows you the scenery and culture of Amish country.
Phone: +1 (330) 893-3248
- Dennison Railroad Depot Museum (16.2 miles)
Once a popular midway train stop between Pittsburgh, PA and Columbus, OH, this museum offers interactive exhibits, a restaurant and a gift shop.
Phone: +1 (740) 922-6776
- The Farm at Walnut Creek (15.8 miles)
With a working farm house, more than 500 animals, a blacksmith shop and a produce stand, the Farm at Walnut Creek gives visitors a taste of farm life.
Phone: +1 (330) 893-4200
- Historic Schoenbrunn Village (10.2 miles)
Learn how the settlers of Ohio’s First Village established this self-sufficient community in 1772.
Phone: +1 (330) 663-6610
- Historic Zoar Village (10.1 miles)
Established in 1817, this historic village features original buildings, informative museums, shopping and dining.
Phone: +1 (330) 874-3211
- New Towne Mall (4.3 miles)
Shop brands like JCPenney, Kohl's and rue21 before stopping by the food court for a snack at this popular local mall.
Phone: +1 (330) 339-8700
- Warther Museum (1 mile)
Dedicated to the life of master carver Ernest “Mooney” Warther, this museum boasts an impressive collection of train carvings, a large button collection and a beautiful garden.
Phone: +1 (330) 343-7513
Nearby golf courses:
- Black Diamond (28 miles)
- Fireridge (25.6 miles)
- Green Valley (5.3 miles)
- Oak Shadows (4.8 miles)
- Wilkshire (12 miles)
- Willandale (9.4 miles)
- Zoar (7 miles)
- Baltic Mill Winery
- Breitenbach Wine Cellars (5 miles)
- Broad Run Cheese House and Winery (5 miles)
- Gervasi Vineyard and Italian Bistro (29.1 miles)
- Ravens Glenn Winery (26.7 miles)
- School House Winery
- Silvermoon Winery (3.5 miles)
- Vino Fabbricanti (25.6 miles)
- Yellow Butterfly Winery (23.5 miles)
- YOLO Winery
- Akron-Canton Regional Airport (CAK) (31.6 miles)
- Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport (CLE) (83.9 miles)
- Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) (84 miles)
- Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) (120 miles)