See the Sights from Hotel's Location near New Orleans
Conveniently located on the north shore of gorgeous Lake Pontchartrain, the Country Inn & Suites is just a short drive from downtown New Orleans. This hotel's guests can enjoy easy access to New Orleans attractions like Fontainebleau State Park, the French Quarter, Bourbon Street and the Superdome. We are also near popular attractions like Fancy Faces mask factory, UCM Museum, Magnolia Belle Riverboat cruises and historic downtown Covington. Outdoor enthusiasts are not far from a variety of exciting activities including hiking, horseback riding, hunting, kayaking, biking and water sports. Be sure to also check out the local festivals
occurring during your stay!A number of great attractions and area businesses are nearby, including:
- Abita Brewing Company (4.8 miles)
A popular local brewery that has gained a strong nationwide following, Abita offers tours of the brewery as well as samples in the tasting room.
Phone: +1 (985) 893-3143
- Fancy Faces (9 miles)
The biggest and most famous manufacturer of Mardi Gras masks, Fancy Faces is a Louisiana mainstay. Tours of the factory are available by appointment and masks may be purchased on site.
Phone: +1 (985) 893-2652
- Fontainebleau State Park (8 miles)
Located on the shores of Lake Pontchartrain, this park is a popular spot for people who want to enjoy the outdoors. Tammany Trace winds through the park, offering great hiking and cycling. Sandy beaches fringe the pristine lake, and plenty of camp sites are available.
Phone: +1 (985) 624-4443
- Global Wildlife Center (21.6 miles)
Experience a wild adventure at the largest totally free-roaming wild life preserve of its kind in the country. There are over 4000 exotic, endangered and threatened animals from all over the world at this nearby center.
Phone: +1 (985) 796-3585
- Honey Island Swamp Tours (18.2 miles)
Enjoy a unique experience as you explore one of the wildest and most pristine river swamps in America on a guided boat tour.
Phone: +1 (985) 641-1769
- Historic Downtown Covington (3 miles)
As a guest of our Covington, LA lodging, be sure to visit the historic downtown area, where you will find boutique shopping, craft stores, relaxation spas, wonderful dining and plenty of great entertainment.
- Insta-Gator Ranch & Hatchery (10 miles)
Visit this working alligator farm, home to more than 2,000 gators. Guided tours give visitors a first-hand account of the industry.
Phone: +1 (985) 892-3669
- Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum (5.2 miles)
Visit this interesting local museum for a look at maritime history in the Lake Pontchartrain Basin.
Phone: +1 (985) 845-9200
- Magnolia Belle Riverboat Cruises
Take a cruise on this beautiful paddle boat, which harkens back to the Old South. Enjoy dinner, drinks, dancing and live music as you quietly ply the waters of the Mississippi or Tchefuncte Rivers.
Phone: +1 (985) 630-4959
- New Orleans (37 miles)
Our hotel in Covington, Louisiana is just a short drive from the home of Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street, the Superdome, the French Quarter and so much more. There is something for everyone in NOLA.
- UCM Museum (5.5 miles)
Fans of folk art have found their destination. This museum features all kinds of Louisiana folk art and is known as one of the most popular museums around.
Phone: +1 (985) 892-2624
Additional businesses include:
Other nearby activities:
- American Red Cross
- Art of Columbia
- Audubon Engineering Operations
- Baker Donelson
- Baker Hughes
- Benedicts Plantation
- Bentley Systems
- Blue Water Industries
- Boardwalk Pipelines Partners
- Bogalusa PaperMill (Temple-Inland)
- Castine Center
- CETCO Oilfield Services
- CGB Enterprises
- Champagne Beverage
- Chrysler Training Center
- Church of the King
- Colonial Properties
- Coquille Sports Complex
- Delgado Community College
- Environmental Business Specialists
- Fairway Medical
- Fairwinds International
- Fleur De Lis Event Center
- Florida Marine Transport
- Globalstar, Inc.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services, Inc.
- International Paper Company
- Lake Ponchartrain Basin Foundation
- Lakeview Regional Medical Center
- LLOG, LLC
- Louisiana Castle
- Mandeville Sports Complex
- Marine Technology
- Maritime Pilots Institute
- Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center
- National Guard Recruiting College
- Nolan Power Group
- Northshore Technical College
- Ochsner Health Center
- Pelican Park
- PMO Link
- Pool Corp
- RHC/Regency Hospital
- Shell Training Center
- Slidell Medical Rehab Training Center
- Smoothie King International Headquarters
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- St. Joseph Seminary College
- St. Paul's High School
- St. Tammany Parish Hospital
- Stirling Properties
- Trinity Marine
- Tulane Primate Center
- US Coast Guard Training Center
- Vintage Court
- Zen Noh Grain
- Biking trail (5 miles)
- Bowling (8 miles)
- Horseback riding (10 miles)
- Jet skiing (5 miles)
- Jogging/fitness trail (5 miles)
- Kayaking (5 miles)
- Miniature golf
- Mountain biking, trail (5 miles)
- Nature preserve, trail
- Sailing (5 miles)
- Tennis (5 miles)
- Water skiing (5 miles)
Nearby golf courses:
Nearby Sports Complexes:
- Abita Springs Golf and Country Club (12 miles)
- Carter Plantation (35 miles)
- Oak Harbor Golf Club (20 miles)
- Oak Tree Driving Range (10 miles)
- Above the Rim Basketball Gym
- Coquille Sports Complex
- Mandeville Sports Complex
- Next Level Sandlot
- Northshore Gymnastics
- Pelican Park/Castine Center
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport ( MSY)
- Hotel direction: 35 miles N
- Driving Directions from New Orleans Airport:
Take I-10 E toward New Orleans. Merge onto Causeway Approach North Mandeville (exit 228). N Causeway Blvd becomes Lake Pontchartrain CSWY. Cross Lake Pontchartrain via Causeway Bridge (26 Mile Bridge). Then the road becomes US-190. Go straight for seven miles. After you go under I-12 take a left at the 2nd stop light (Holiday Dr).
- Baton Rouge Airport (BTR)
- Hotel direction: 73 miles E
- Driving directions from Baton Rouge Airport:
I-12E toward Hammond. Take the US-190 exit 63B-Covington/Mandeville. Go left (63-B) toward Covington/Bogalusa. Go to the second stop light (Holiday Blvd) and turn left.