Austin Convention Center Is near This Hotel’s Location
Don’t miss the opportunity to explore Austin, Texas, a city known for its eco-friendliness, unique local businesses and vibrant arts scene. The Country Inn & Suites, Austin-University is located a few miles from Austin’s famous downtown and is convenient to festivals and events at the Austin Convention Center. The hotel’s location is also only five miles from the University of Texas Austin, one of the largest and most prestigious public universities in the United States. Enjoy the great outdoors on the shores of the iconic Lady Bird Lake, or check out the Sixth Street Entertainment District to discover why Austin is known as the Live Music Capital of the World.
Explore the following Austin attractions:
- Austin Convention Center (6.5 miles)
This cutting-edge convention center in downtown Austin features more than 240,000 square feet of exhibit space and has hosted thousands of events, including the South by Southwest (SXSW) arts festival.
Phone: +1 (512) 404-4000
- Darrell K Royal—Texas Memorial Stadium (5 miles)
Catch an exciting college football game and cheer on the Texas Longhorns at this state-of-the-art stadium.
Phone: +1 (512) 471-7437
- Dave & Buster's (5.5 miles)
Challenge your friends to arcade games or a round of bowling, then watch the big game over a plate of wings and a unique cocktail.
Phone: +1 (512) 346-8015
- The Domain (5.9 miles)
Visit “Austin’s second downtown,” with its parks, jogging trails, restaurants and luxury shopping.
Phone: +1 (512) 682-5500
- Lady Bird Lake (8.9 miles)
Lady Bird is one of the most popular places to enjoy the outdoors in Austin. Walk or bike the 10 miles of gravel trail, go canoeing or kayaking, enjoy outdoor dining or even make a splash in the historic swimming pool.
- Palmer Events Center (6.9 miles)
This event facility nestled within beautiful Butler Park hosts concerts, social galas, trade shows and more.
Phone: +1 (512) 404-4500
- Round Rock Express Baseball Club (16.8 miles)
Take your family and friends out to the ball game and get to know the Round Rock Express, the local Minor League Baseball team affiliated with the Texas Rangers.
Phone: +1 (512) 255-2255
- Sixth Street Entertainment District (6.3 miles)
Explore Austin’s most famous street with seven blocks of restaurants, bars, art studios, chic boutiques, dance and music venues and much more.
- Texas State Capitol (5.8 miles)
The historic Texas State Capitol building is constructed of red granite in an elegant Renaissance Revival style and is surrounded by beautiful grounds. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places and is the largest state capitol building in the United States.
Phone: +1 (512) 463-5495
- Travis County Exposition Center (6.8 miles)
This complex includes indoor and outdoor event space and hosts everything from formal banquets to 5k runs, and is the home to the annual Star of Texas State Fair and Rodeo.
Phone: +1 (512) 854-4900
- University of Texas at Austin (5.2 miles)
The flagship branch of the University of Texas system is home to the Texas Longhorns and is one of the largest and most prestigious public universities in the United States.
Phone: +1 (512) 471-1000
Nearby services and retail shops include:
- 24-Hour Walmart (1.5 miles)
- A&A Liquors (2.5 miles)
- Brackenridge Hospital (5 miles)
- Cinemark Tinseltown 17 (11.4 miles)
- Highland 10 Cinema (1.25 miles)
- Seton Medical Center (3 miles)
- St. David's Medical Center (2.5 miles)
- From I-35 North: Exit St. Johns Ave (exit 240A). Go straight at the first light (St. Johns). Make a U-turn at the second light (Hwy 183 and I-35 intersection). The hotel is 0.25 miles away on the right.
- From 1-35 South: Exit St. Johns Ave (exit 240A/239) and proceed through the light (Highway 183 and I-35 intersection). The hotel is 0.25 miles away on the right.
- From Airport: Take 71 W. Merge onto Hwy 183 N. Exit Lamar Blvd. Go straight on the service road, and at the second light take a left turn onto the southbound service road of I-35. The hotel is 0.25 miles away on the right.