Golfers Love This Augusta Hotel near I-20
Be sure to pack your clubs for a visit to Augusta, a golfer's paradise and home of the Augusta National Golf Club and Masters® Tournament. The Country Inn & Suites Augusta hotel is near I-20, making it easy for you to travel to games and local courses, such as River Golf Club
and Jones Creek Golf Club
. For some fun off the links, visit the shops along Riverwalk Augusta, tour the Morris Museum of Art and wander the trails through Phinizy Swamp Nature Park. Fort Gordon is only five miles away, making this hotel an ideal choice for government workers.
Add these attractions and activities to your itinerary:
- Augusta National Golf Club (1.3 miles)
This prestigious golf club is home to the annual Masters® Tournament.
Phone: +1 (706) 667-6000
- Confederate Monument (5.8 miles)
This monument was erected in 1878 to honor the men of Richmond County who lost their lives in the Civil War.
- Fort Gordon (5 miles)
Home of the U.S. Army Signal Corps, Fort Gordon is an important army training center.
- Imperial Theatre (5.8 miles)
This historic theater is now home to the Augusta Opera and the Augusta Ballet.
Phone: +1 (706) 722-8293
- Morris Museum of Art (5.5 miles)
This museum features an impressive collection of 18th-century art.
Phone: +1 (706) 724-7501
- Phinizy Swamp Nature Park (6 miles)
See area wildlife, including bobcats, turtles, blue heron and alligators in their natural habitat.
Phone: +1 (706) 828-2109
- Plant Vogtle (25 miles)
Expand your knowledge of electricity at this important plant featuring a learning center.
Phone: +1 (404) 506-5000
- Riverwalk Augusta (7 miles)
This eight-mile walkway boasts great views of the Savannah River, in addition to offering shops, restaurants and various special events throughout the year.
Phone: +1 (706) 821-1754
- Sacred Heart Cultural Center (4.8 miles)
This beautiful building serves as an example of European architecture in the American South. Saved from disrepair in the 1970s, it is now the venue for an array of community events.
Phone: +1 (706) 826-4701
- Saint Paul's Episcopal Church (6 miles)
Make an appointment to tour this historic church, constructed in 1750.
Phone: +1 (706) 724-2485
- Signer's Monument (5.8 miles)
Visit this monument dedicated to three signers of the Constitution: Button Gwinnett, George Walton and Lyman Hall.
- ATM (at the Shell gas station next to the hotel)
- Bank of America, Suntrust and Wachovia (next to the hotel)
- Dry cleaning (100 feet)
- Gas stations (100 feet)
- UPS Store (2.67 miles)
Phone: +1 (706) 650-2535
- Berry Kennel Services (3 miles)
Phone: +1 (706) 738-7168
- Post Office (3 miles)
- The Medical College of Georgia (4.5 miles)
Phone: +1 (706) 721-4262
The Country Inn & Suites is also near several area airports:
- Directions to the hotel from the Augusta Regional Airport (AGS): (20 mins) Leave Bush Field and turn right onto Doug Bernard Parkway. Take 520 W (Bobby Jones Express Hwy). Take Exit 1C (I-20 towards Columbia). Take Exit 199 (Washington Rd). Off the ramp, make a right and take a left at the first light; the hotel will be on the right. Estimated taxi fare: $25.00 USD.
- Direction to the hotel from Columbia, SC Airport (CAE): (60 mins, 67 miles) Take I-20 W (59 miles) then take exit 199 (Washington Rd). Off the ramp, make a left at the second light; our hotel is on the right.