Events and Day Trips
Don’t Miss These Popular Asheville Attractions
Music, local festivals and the great outdoors—Asheville, North Carolina has it all! Be sure to catch the action at one of these nearby entertainment venues:
Annual local events
- U.S. Cellular Center
Experience a national comedy or musical act, or come explore a craft show, sporting event or special exhibition at this multi-purpose event facility.
- Orange Peel
This intimate, award-winning concert venue has hosted everyone from Bob Dylan to electronic acts like The Glitch Mob. Be sure to catch a show!
Plan an exciting day trip from Asheville to one of these attractions:
- Bristol Spring Race (March)
- Festival of Flowers (March-May)
- Southern Conference Basketball Tournament (March)
- Biltmore Concert Series (Aug.-Sept.)
- Bristol Fall Race (Aug.)
- Asheville Marathon (Sept.)
- Moog Festival (Oct.)
- Candlelight Evenings at Biltmore (Nov.-Dec.)
- Christmas at Biltmore (Nov.-Jan.)
- Grove Park Inn Gingerbread Competition (Nov.-Jan.)
- Beach at Lake Lure (23.4 miles)
Take a refreshing swim while being surrounded by the beautiful forested mountains of the Blue Ridge. This man-made lake includes a sandy beach, picnic areas and a mini water park.
Phone: +1 (828) 625-1373
- Chimney Rock State Park (22 miles)
Ascend this iconic stone formation and enjoy majestic vistas that stretch 75 miles, then cool down at Hickory Nut Falls.
Phone: +1 (828) 625-9611
- Grandfather Mountain
This rugged peak features beautiful hiking trails and diverse wildlife. Cross the Mile-High Swinging Bridge for 360-degree views of mountains and valleys.
- Old Pressley Sapphire Mine (22 miles)
Hunt for sapphires with the family at this historic North Carolina mine.
Phone: +1 (828) 648-6320
- Sliding Rock
This popular, all-natural waterslide ends in a pool of cold, clear mountain water, so come on a hot day and cool off!