Events and Day Trips
Participate in Popular Asheville Events
Whether you're a fan of festivals, athletic games or concerts, Asheville has events to keep you entertained throughout your stay. Popular entertainment venues include:
- U.S. Cellular Center
Home to the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium and the ExploreAsheville.com Arena, this entertainment center hosts comedy acts, family shows, sporting events and concerts.
- Orange Peel
Show up early to claim a spot in front of the stage in this intimate, award-winning venue.
Annual local events:
- Bristol Spring Race (Mar)
- Festival of Flowers (Mar-May)
- Southern Conference Basketball Tournament (Mar)
- Bele Chere Festival (Jul)
- Biltmore Concert Series (Aug-Sep)
- Bristol Fall Race (Aug)
- Asheville Marathon (Sep)
- Moog Festival (Oct)
- Candlelight Evenings at Biltmore (Nov-Dec)
- Christmas at Biltmore (Nov-Jan)
- Grove Park Inn Gingerbread Competition (Nov-Jan)
Plan an exciting day trip from Asheville to one of these locations:
- Beach at Lake Lure (23.4 miles)
A man-made lake in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Lake Lure is the ideal place to float on an inner tube, picnic in the shade or just catch some rays. You can also splash around at the Water Works park, featuring waterslides and bumper boats.
Phone: +1 (828) 625-1373
- Chimney Rock State Park (22 miles)
Hike or ride the elevator up to Chimney Rock, where you'll enjoy views stretching 75 miles on a clear day.
Phone: +1 (828) 625-9611
- Grandfather Mountain
Enjoy gorgeous views from the Mile High Swinging Bridge and hike amidst the wildflowers before touring the Nature Museum and stopping by the Fudge Shop for a treat.
- Old Pressley Sapphire Mine (22 miles)
Bring your family on a treasure hunt for your own Asheville souvenir at one of the oldest operating mines in Western North Carolina.
Phone: +1 (828) 648-6320
- Sliding Rock
After the shock of the cold weather, you'll enjoy the thrill of gliding down this natural waterslide.